Sign in to follow this  
Maher18

Tigers vs. Jayhawks

Alright, this thread is designed for people who want to brag bc they get to go, to expose and Jayhawk fans (in my humble but divine opinion, you can all rot in hell with my mother's side of the family), and to talk crap on each others teams.

Have at; I'll be back to dominate any chicken fucks later.

I'll come out and say that I am a Jayhawk fan right off the bat. All crap talk aside, it's going to be a good game. I think that the line has Kansas by 2, but that's only for Vegas.

Good start. Wow, its funny, all the other constructive threads start off deconstructive and this one is about to start off constructive.

All I know is that I put full faith in Chase Daniels. His November ha been amazing. He really wants that Heisman, and I think he has the skill and preparation effort to win us this game.

Our defense just needs to show up big. Crucial. I definitely think Arrowhead, even though its a neutral site, will give Mizzou a semi home field advantage just because I think more Tigers will be in attendance and that stadium rocks the sound which for college players is a big deal.

Good start. Wow, its funny, all the other constructive threads start off deconstructive and this one is about to start off constructive.

All I know is that I put full faith in Chase Daniels. His November ha been amazing. He really wants that Heisman, and I think he has the skill and preparation effort to win us this game.

Our defense just needs to show up big. Crucial. I definitely think Arrowhead, even though its a neutral site, will give Mizzou a semi home field advantage just because I think more Tigers will be in attendance and that stadium rocks the sound which for college players is a big deal.

I will say, Mizzou 32- KU 28

If you are going to give Chase Daniels that much hype, then Todd Reesing deserves the same. He has had a passing rating around 150 the last three games, thrown 30 touchdowns for the season with only 4 interceptions. I really think that both offenses are evenly matched. Tony Temple and Kansas' Sharp and McAnderson are pretty even. The test is going to be the defenses, as you say. This is going to be the second big test for KU's defense. I think Kansas can shut down Temple - If they can do it against Texas A&M, then they can do it against anyone. Our passing defense will have a big test. Talib and Stucky, as well as Harper, will have to have good games to shut down the potent passing offense.

I haven't really checked out Missouri's defensive stats, but I really think they will have a tough time shutting down KU. Jake Sharp is fast to the outside, and Branden McAnderson will hit you in the mouth, right up the middle. Reesing has at least three receivers to throw to game in and game out. Should be a good game. Winner probably goes to the national championship game. Lets just hope that LSU gets a loss, since the nat'l championship is basically like playing at Tiger Stadium.

This Saturday is going to be the best day of my life. 7am tailgate at Arrowhead for ESPN College Gameday...3pm tailgate for the game. If I don't die, it's going to be a miracle.

Your analysis of home field is a little awkward. Lawrence is 45 minutes away from arrowhead Columbia is 2 hours. I also really do not think that will make a difference in this game.

Regarding home field advantage: Since KU is the nominal home team this year, they sold 70% of the tickets, Mizzou got 30%. It will be reversed next year when Mizzou is the home team. Anyway, with this day and age of ticket brokers, etc. it will probably be closer to a 50-50 split.

Belske

• Upvote 1

I would be able to comment on what I think of the match up if KU had played anyone formidable all year...

I will go ahead and concede that Kansas has had a very easy schedule thus far...101rd in the nation I believe. Missouri is in the top 50 when it comes to strength of schedule, but I still only think they've only had two tough games - Oklahoma and Texas Tech. Also, take into consideration that Tex Tech was played in Missouri. You can say that your Tigers stuck close to Oklahoma, but I don't think that's saying much this year. Sure 'ol Boomer Sooner had a good first 4 games, but they looked very suspect against Colorado and Iowa State of all places, and are coming off of a loss to Tex Tech.

Another fact that hasn't been discussed thus far are the weather conditions. Cold, possibly wet?, conditions don't favor too well with an offense that is geared towards passing. The pigskin gets hard and harder to catch when cold...

I will go ahead and concede that Kansas has had a very easy schedule thus far...101rd in the nation I believe. Missouri is in the top 50 when it comes to strength of schedule, but I still only think they've only had two tough games - Oklahoma and Texas Tech. Also, take into consideration that Tex Tech was played in Missouri. You can say that your Tigers stuck close to Oklahoma, but I don't think that's saying much this year. Sure 'ol Boomer Sooner had a good first 4 games, but they looked very suspect against Colorado and Iowa State of all places, and are coming off of a loss to Tex Tech.

Another fact that hasn't been discussed thus far are the weather conditions. Cold, possibly wet?, conditions don't favor too well with an offense that is geared towards passing. The pigskin gets hard and harder to catch when cold...

In his years at Oklahoma Bob Stoops is 53-2, and have won their all homecomings by at least one touchdown (five of those ten years or so against a top 25 team). They have never lost a game after beating texas the weekend before, and Missouri only lost by 10 against a formidable twelfth man and if it werent for a couple of turnovers (and a drop in the end zone by pig brown on an interception of sam bradford when they were ahead) they probably couldve been within a touchdown or even tied late...just my two cents though

In his years at Oklahoma Bob Stoops is 53-2, and have won their all homecomings by at least one touchdown (five of those ten years or so against a top 25 team). They have never lost a game after beating texas the weekend before, and Missouri only lost by 10 against a formidable twelfth man and if it werent for a couple of turnovers (and a drop in the end zone by pig brown on an interception of sam bradford when they were ahead) they probably couldve been within a touchdown or even tied late...just my two cents though

Bob Stoops has lost more than 2 games at OU. They lost this year to Colorado and Texas Tech. They lost last year to Oregon, and Boise State. Did you mean 12 games?

Moreover, the pressure's on KU's offense. The talent on the offensive side for MU is going to put up at least 30 against this defense and now we get to see if Reesing really deserves the heisman hype.

I don't think that MU's offense has been tested thus far. The only team that they have faced with a favorable defense was Oklahoma. The teams that they have played, not including Illinois State, combined, give up an average of 395 yards per game. I'm not saying that KU has gone up against great defenses all year, but they've had noted success on the offensive side of the ball this year as well.

Plus, I think it might be a bit cold, and possibly wet on Saturday, which will make the rushing game a much bigger factor. I'm not saying that Temple is not a good back, but KU has a pretty solid rush defense. They've allowed less than 950 yards on the ground, and allow less than 3 yards per rush. If they have shut down Texas A&M awesome backs, they can shut Temple down, too.

Schedule. KU had what was it? only had the 101st or toughest schedule while mizzou's schedule was one of the hardest in the nation like below 50 anyway. KU did not face Oklahoma, Texas, or Texas Tech in the Big 12 regular season this year. And the last games. Mizzou just played a not awesome, but formidable K-State while the jayhawks just played a bunch of F-0 Cyclones. Though props bc they walloped them. I think this gives preparation advantage to Mizzou. We've been AT oklahoma, AT Illinois(sorta), AT Colorado.and for that matter, KU is lucky they beat colorado bc they were getting dominated.

Recievers and you want to talk about recievers to throw to? Kansas has nothing on missouri's playmakers i.e. Maclin,franklin, rucker. they're much more talented than brisco and co, and there stats prove it. plus our "capable" group of recievers is deeper which messes up Dswe've got a lot of guys chase works with. Mizzou has a whole list of high stat recievers, KU is 3 deep. easy enough.

QB Todd Reesing i think will struggle. it's like you said it's going to be rainy and wet. Age and experience? I don't know how the weather has been for teams this year. This game means more to the Mizzou players. Here's the deal. Reesing is good and they kind of talk about him for heisman but everyone knows he has no chance, including his team mates. Chase Daniels has this thing in his grasps(hence the O'brien nom) and hearing his teammates being interviewed todayabout how much he deserves it and how much they want him to get it shows a "team love" that is irreplacable in these games. Plus, when i lok at Mizzous roster vs. the Jayhawks I see a lot more MISSOURI tigers than KANSAS jayhawks. Theres just a little more passion in the tiger's hearts. Daniel has an equal or better stat # in all detail categories except interceptions where he is only a few behind Reesing, and it should be noted his november is almost perfect. And remember this is against tougher opponents and defenses. What is Reesing going to do with our blazing fast D?

Now home field advantage. blind assertion by me, thx for educating. i forgot that someone got a "home game". athletic director from both school are saying it going to be more like 60-40 advantage kansas, but thats not taking into account the 27,000 variable in chiefs season ticket holders who got tickets and are either going or selling. however KU didn't get to sell 70%. It didn't go down like that. And remember how the cornhskers famously dominated the stadium in notre dame so long ago. not saying it will, but saying it could happen.

Talking defense, Talib who is soooooooooo awesome(sarcasm) is a cornerback who could give us trouble, but last year and even when o state lost bowman this year he and the CBs still got wiped plus our wide recievers relish the 1v1 coverage double move in step throw and KU relies on breaking up routes with chance and aggressive play. And this season again and again although mizzous defense has not overall done as well as kansas, they have stepped it up in the hype and big games like colorado nebraska. And we can handle mcandersen. He's good, maybe better than Temple, but Temple is preparing. mcandersen apparently hadn't even watched film as of today. They are both hella good but whos been tested against tougher teams? Mizzou again, not mcanderson.

On the line we have a line that can definetly handle and combo of blitzes. We can't say the same about KU's line. Against decent opponents like the aggies, they've done poorly. We've proven that again and again against good DLs. That means we will have time. And our DL is awesome. We've totally screwed up the cornhuskers and buffs with blitzes and pressure. Again something Reesy is relatively new too. He usually just gets sacked, or doesn't.

Special teams ??? I don't know much but I'm pretty sure if there are any punts, we can successfully return them. Maclin can return punts well.

anyway, agreed hell of a game coming up. I still think u chicken shits should get ready for a loss, though secretly i'm fearing a "you were wrong bitch, MIZZOU sux" for the next 30 years chant from my fam.

KU went to Boulder and won as well, plus KU beat Kansas State when they still had something to play for. I'm rooting for Kansas and really hope they win but I think Missouri will win.

Schedule. KU had what was it? only had the 101st or toughest schedule while mizzou's schedule was one of the hardest in the nation like below 50 anyway. KU did not face Oklahoma, Texas, or Texas Tech in the Big 12 regular season this year. And the last games. Mizzou just played a not awesome, but formidable K-State while the jayhawks just played a bunch of F-0 Cyclones. Though props bc they walloped them. I think this gives preparation advantage to Mizzou. We've been AT oklahoma, AT Illinois(sorta), AT Colorado.and for that matter, KU is lucky they beat colorado bc they were getting dominated.

At some point people need to get off of the schedule bandwagon, and look at how KU has actually played. Sure, they've played an easy non-conference schedule, but they have dominated those teams, as they should. That is KU's fault for having a weak non-conference. Mizzou is in the same boat, though. Illinois was their only tough non-conference game, besides that, they played a AA team and 2 crappy teams that might have 6 wins between them.

What KU can't do is control who they played in the Big 12, since that isn't decided by the universities. And KU played at Texas A&M, at Kansas State, and at Colorado, winning all three. I don't care how a team gets a win, as long as they get the win. At the end of the day, style points don't really matter, especially in a game where the winner will, more than likely, play for a national championship.

Plus, I don't think that playing a hard game the week before is going to be a good thing. Reesing sat out the entire second half, we didn't start a few of our secondary, and some of our receiving core didn't play. They'll be fresh and ready to go on Saturday, not tired and banged up.

Recievers and you want to talk about recievers to throw to? Kansas has nothing on missouri's playmakers i.e. Maclin,franklin, rucker. they're much more talented than brisco and co, and there stats prove it. plus our "capable" group of recievers is deeper which messes up Dswe've got a lot of guys chase works with. Mizzou has a whole list of high stat recievers, KU is 3 deep. easy enough.

I will agree that Missouri has the edge when it comes to recievers. They've got two good wide outs, as well as two superb tight ends that will give Kansas fits. But, you also have to take into account that KU has 3 pretty fast linebackers, that shouldn't have much trouble covering a tight end. Our secondary ain't bad either, with Talib, Harper, and Stuckey all playing well this year.

But KU's staff ain't bad. Briscoe is probably our worst reciever. You forget Fields and Henry, as well as Fine and Meier. I'd say that's 5 recievers that MU's pretty bad defense is going to have to deal with. I mean, this is a team that gives up nearly 380 yards per game, and about 260 of those yards is through the air.

QB Todd Reesing i think will struggle. it's like you said it's going to be rainy and wet. Age and experience? I don't know how the weather has been for teams this year. This game means more to the Mizzou players. Here's the deal. Reesing is good and they kind of talk about him for heisman but everyone knows he has no chance, including his team mates. Chase Daniels has this thing in his grasps(hence the O'brien nom) and hearing his teammates being interviewed todayabout how much he deserves it and how much they want him to get it shows a "team love" that is irreplacable in these games. Plus, when i lok at Mizzous roster vs. the Jayhawks I see a lot more MISSOURI tigers than KANSAS jayhawks. Theres just a little more passion in the tiger's hearts. Daniel has an equal or better stat # in all detail categories except interceptions where he is only a few behind Reesing, and it should be noted his november is almost perfect. And remember this is against tougher opponents and defenses. What is Reesing going to do with our blazing fast D?

The weather is going to be a big factor for BOTH offenses. Balls become a lot harder and slipperier when they are cold, and if it is snowing, then there's bound to be trouble through the air. Daniels has thrown about 600 more yards than Reesing has. Other than that, they are pretty even across the board. They are both mobile, and make good decisions when passing. Reesing is a tad more efficient, with 5 less interceptions than Daniels. But as I mentioned in a previous post, Daniels really hasn't seen a good defense outside of Oklahoma all year. Kansas allows about 300 yards per game, though, I am expecting them to give up around 400-450 to Mizzou.

Talking defense, Talib who is soooooooooo awesome(sarcasm) is a cornerback who could give us trouble, but last year and even when o state lost bowman this year he and the CBs still got wiped plus our wide recievers relish the 1v1 coverage double move in step throw and KU relies on breaking up routes with chance and aggressive play. And this season again and again although mizzous defense has not overall done as well as kansas, they have stepped it up in the hype and big games like colorado nebraska. And we can handle mcandersen. He's good, maybe better than Temple, but Temple is preparing. mcandersen apparently hadn't even watched film as of today. They are both hella good but whos been tested against tougher teams? Mizzou again, not mcanderson.

Here you ignore the defensive line, and a little thing called pressure. Kansas has a pretty solid line, headed by good ol James McClinton. Kansas has around 20 sacks thus far, and 84 tackles for losses. And, you also ignore the linebackers. Mortensen, Rivera, and Holt are the three leading tacklers for Kansas, and should be able to handle your TE's well enough. Our secondary isn't bad either, taking away 20 interceptions on the year. KU will have to face its toughest challenge thus far in regard to the pass, but IF we can keep 6 in the box to defend Temple, and keep the passing game down, then they'll have a good chance.

In terms of the rushing game, KU has Mizzou beat, HANDS DOWN. BMAC is a train, with 15 touchdowns and a 6 and a half yard a touch average. But you also fail to mention Jake Sharp, who is very fast to the outside, an has 7 touchdowns. McAnderson will run it right at you, tiring out the defensive line and the backers, then straight to the outside with Sharp. Truely a great combination. Temple, with his 70 yards a game, has nothing on these two. And he will HAVE to be a bigger factor on Satruday if Missouri wants to win. Passing the ball 40 times in the cold is going to be hard. Lots of dropped passes and poorly thrown balls. And Kansas will shut him down. Fast backers, strong line.

On the line we have a line that can definetly handle and combo of blitzes. We can't say the same about KU's line. Against decent opponents like the aggies, they've done poorly. We've proven that again and again against good DLs. That means we will have time. And our DL is awesome. We've totally screwed up the cornhuskers and buffs with blitzes and pressure. Again something Reesy is relatively new too. He usually just gets sacked, or doesn't.

I can't tell you how good KU is in terms of sacks allowed, but I can tell you that their offesive line is good enough to be the 16th best rush offense in the nation, and I have talked briefly about their defensive line above. And I wouldn't say your defense is "awesome". About 380 a game? To sub-par offenses? Most impressive defensive stance was against Texas Tech, by the way, not Nebraska or Colorado. You held a team that averages over 520 offensive yards a game to 10 points. But since, your defense hasn't played as well.

Special teams ??? I don't know much but I'm pretty sure if there are any punts, we can successfully return them. Maclin can return punts well.

Punting - No edge to either. Both punters average 37 yards a punt.

Kicking - Both average in the upper 70's, and have made around 17 field goals. No real advantage to either. Weber, however, might take out any impact Maclin has on kick returns, though, considering 1/3 of his kickoffs are for touchbacks.

Returns - Conceded. Maclin is a beast. He gets over 200 all-purpose yards a game. But Herford is better. He averages 30 yards on every kick off return, as opposed to Maclins 24. Pendleton and Maclin are both at 24 yards averaged on punt returns.

________________________________________________________________________________________

Today we salute you...Mr. Insecure Missouri Tiger fan

Mr Insecure Missouri Tiger fan!

Your team is having the best season in decades. How do you celebrate it? By paying more attention to your rival's team that is also having their best season in decades.

Their schedule was weak!

Missouri just scored yet another touchdown and is looking like they will win the game. Who cares? Kansas plays later today. It's time to drop everthing and go buy the jersey of the opposing team that plays them before making obscure comments on a message board that have nothing to do with football.

Their coach is so fat!

Except for during the decades of the 80s and 90s and the early part of the turn of the millennium, you have always been a football school and take pride in that. It gives you great pleasure knowing that the rival from the west is a puny basketball school.

We were just a bad football school!

So crack open a Bud Light Mr Insecure Missouri Tiger fan. Because even though no one is paying attention to you, if you keep voicing your opinion, someone eventually will.

(singing) Mr. Insecure Missouri Tiger fan

________________________________________________________________________________________

Your team is having the best season in decades. How do you celebrate it? By paying more attention to your rival's team that is also having their best season in decades.

Their schedule was weak!

Missouri just scored yet another touchdown and is looking like they will win the game. Who cares? Kansas plays later today. It's time to drop everthing and go buy the jersey of the opposing team that plays them before making obscure comments on a message board that have nothing to do with football.

Their coach is so fat!

Except for during the decades of the 80s and 90s and the early part of the turn of the millennium, you have always been a football school and take pride in that. It gives you great pleasure knowing that the rival from the west is a puny basketball school.

So crack open a Bud Light Mr Insecure Missouri Tiger fan. Because even though no one is paying attention to you, if you keep voicing your opinion, someone eventually will.

AWESOME! A classic shut down in melody!

You make good points. I will have to look up some stats to establish any rebuttals, but I'll be back later.

I saw a rather funny picture on my girlfriend's wall at thanksgiving today, and it read like this:

" A kindergarten teacher asked her student why he was a Jayhawk fan. The child replied, 'because both of my parents are.' She briefly explained to him why it was wrong to follow others, just because they do it. Afterwards, she asked him, 'what would you do if your parents were addicted to drugs?' He responded, 'I'd be a missouri fan!'"

At some point people need to get off of the schedule bandwagon, and look at how KU has actually played. Sure, they've played an easy non-conference schedule, but they have dominated those teams, as they should. That is KU's fault for having a weak non-conference. Mizzou is in the same boat, though. Illinois was their only tough non-conference game, besides that, they played a AA team and 2 crappy teams that might have 6 wins between them.

What KU can't do is control who they played in the Big 12, since that isn't decided by the universities. And KU played at Texas A&M, at Kansas State, and at Colorado, winning all three. I don't care how a team gets a win, as long as they get the win. At the end of the day, style points don't really matter, especially in a game where the winner will, more than likely, play for a national championship.

Plus, I don't think that playing a hard game the week before is going to be a good thing. Reesing sat out the entire second half, we didn't start a few of our secondary, and some of our receiving core didn't play. They'll be fresh and ready to go on Saturday, not tired and banged up.

I will agree that Missouri has the edge when it comes to recievers. They've got two good wide outs, as well as two superb tight ends that will give Kansas fits. But, you also have to take into account that KU has 3 pretty fast linebackers, that shouldn't have much trouble covering a tight end. Our secondary ain't bad either, with Talib, Harper, and Stuckey all playing well this year.

But KU's staff ain't bad. Briscoe is probably our worst reciever. You forget Fields and Henry, as well as Fine and Meier. I'd say that's 5 recievers that MU's pretty bad defense is going to have to deal with. I mean, this is a team that gives up nearly 380 yards per game, and about 260 of those yards is through the air.

The weather is going to be a big factor for BOTH offenses. Balls become a lot harder and slipperier when they are cold, and if it is snowing, then there's bound to be trouble through the air. Daniels has thrown about 600 more yards than Reesing has. Other than that, they are pretty even across the board. They are both mobile, and make good decisions when passing. Reesing is a tad more efficient, with 5 less interceptions than Daniels. But as I mentioned in a previous post, Daniels really hasn't seen a good defense outside of Oklahoma all year. Kansas allows about 300 yards per game, though, I am expecting them to give up around 400-450 to Mizzou.

Here you ignore the defensive line, and a little thing called pressure. Kansas has a pretty solid line, headed by good ol James McClinton. Kansas has around 20 sacks thus far, and 84 tackles for losses. And, you also ignore the linebackers. Mortensen, Rivera, and Holt are the three leading tacklers for Kansas, and should be able to handle your TE's well enough. Our secondary isn't bad either, taking away 20 interceptions on the year. KU will have to face its toughest challenge thus far in regard to the pass, but IF we can keep 6 in the box to defend Temple, and keep the passing game down, then they'll have a good chance.

In terms of the rushing game, KU has Mizzou beat, HANDS DOWN. BMAC is a train, with 15 touchdowns and a 6 and a half yard a touch average. But you also fail to mention Jake Sharp, who is very fast to the outside, an has 7 touchdowns. McAnderson will run it right at you, tiring out the defensive line and the backers, then straight to the outside with Sharp. Truely a great combination. Temple, with his 70 yards a game, has nothing on these two. And he will HAVE to be a bigger factor on Satruday if Missouri wants to win. Passing the ball 40 times in the cold is going to be hard. Lots of dropped passes and poorly thrown balls. And Kansas will shut him down. Fast backers, strong line.

I can't tell you how good KU is in terms of sacks allowed, but I can tell you that their offesive line is good enough to be the 16th best rush offense in the nation, and I have talked briefly about their defensive line above. And I wouldn't say your defense is "awesome". About 380 a game? To sub-par offenses? Most impressive defensive stance was against Texas Tech, by the way, not Nebraska or Colorado. You held a team that averages over 520 offensive yards a game to 10 points. But since, your defense hasn't played as well.

Punting - No edge to either. Both punters average 37 yards a punt.

Kicking - Both average in the upper 70's, and have made around 17 field goals. No real advantage to either. Weber, however, might take out any impact Maclin has on kick returns, though, considering 1/3 of his kickoffs are for touchbacks.

Returns - Conceded. Maclin is a beast. He gets over 200 all-purpose yards a game. But Herford is better. He averages 30 yards on every kick off return, as opposed to Maclins 24. Pendleton and Maclin are both at 24 yards averaged on punt returns.

Their schedule was weak!

Their coach is so fat!

holy shit get a life.