Sign in to follow this  
wcdd7

Is sudan aff any good

It depends on how you run it really, any aff could be good this year. That is why I like this topic. But sudan might not be very topical. I don't know, I have not seen one yet, although I hope that I will just to see what it is like.

US activity in Sudan would hella link into China, given that of any African country, China focuses most on Sudan,

If anything, that would just give you more advantage ground........

Why would you run a Sudan aff that could possibly lose to a china DA? By that, I mean you either a. rebuild al-shifa in which case you will always win on the link turns because China has demanded the U.S. rebuild the facility and apologize for the egregious act of stupidity. or you b. run it with an ethics based ontology, probably again based around al-shifa, in which case you either don't defend the plan or don't defend utilitarianism/"solve" for the root cause of all violence etc.

China is definitly not the reason to avoid this aff: it's being weak at T, or losing to saudi relations bad.

That is more complicated than you would suspect, actually. It depends on who you ask.

I moved the argument with Gear to THIS THREAD. Please continue the discussion there.

Isn't Sudan in the Sahara Desert? Is it topical?

Yes, Sudan is part of Sub-Saharan Africa. I think I pretty well cleared this up here and here.

To run the Darfur aff, I suspect you would have to be able to pull off a kritik of topicality of some sort, a feat which is generally quite difficult.

To run the Darfur aff, I suspect you would have to be able to pull off a kritik of topicality of some sort, a feat which is generally quite difficult.

I don't see why.

I don't see why.

Nor do I, you just have to have decent 2ac frontlines for T.

To answer the first post of this thread, in a word: yes

In more than one word: It is if you cut it well, meaning you have good pre-empts in case to certain arguements and if you have decent frontlines for generic args.

Sign in to follow this