Sign in to follow this  
Hoover Hotel

Tsetse Flies

Does any camp put out a negative file on this?

the literature in the affirmative we hit this weekend wasn't veryt strong, but we didn't have much on case, and most of the stuff i've found online doesn't go negative.

ideas?

My first inclination when hearing an aff like this is that they are not topical. You could run a "You aren't allowed to just give to one country aff" T violation. You could also get into a debate about substantially because the aff i heard claimed 40,000 people suffer from this disease. However that debate empirically and probably in this instance would go nowhere for you. In terms of the rest of the case I am not familiar with a lot of the literature. When we hit a version of this aff they chose to run some pretty poor internal links to those big impact cards like Deutche (that African nuclear war card, however you spell his name) and the South China Morning Post evidence about how air born diseases cause extinction. So we attacked those because the evidence about how we have the technology to solve for this disease and literally all that is needed is the plan to solve are pretty solid. but the jump from this disease that infects relatively few people, in one contained area of the world, to their apocalyptic impacts isn't a very convincing one. I am not sure how strong their US key warrant is. If it is weak running a counterplan might solve a lot of problems. I would suggest finding out if the US exclusively has the tech to solve for this or not, or if Canada or someone could do the plan. I don't know what everyone else thinks, but I really think this Aff is untopical and would put alot of emphasis into that. I know this question should be in the T forum, but what are other people's thoughts on the T debate for this affirmative?

First question you should be asking about every aff: what is the motherfucking U.S. key warrant?

If your debating for a stock issues judge, what should you classify the US key warrant under if u attack it? sorry if this is off topic.

If your debating for a stock issues judge, what should you classify the US key warrant under if u attack it? sorry if this is off topic.

You run an agent-changing CP. If they don't like CPs for some reason, perhaps a justification shell on the term USFG will please.

• Downvote 1

Oh I hit this case and well let's say that the US can't solve.

First off, you got to do your own research. there are a lot of good things against this case.

If they are planning to erdicate every single tsetse fly, erdication doesn't work. I got evdience if you want it.

Also, they status quo is already trying to fix the problem. The people of Africa are trying to control the Fly poplution by setting up nets.

So my question is what is their plan going to do for the tsetse fly?

If they're running the labs there are very good U.S. key warrants. I have a nice counterplan that can solve better I'm willing to trade for something.

Sign in to follow this