Sign in to follow this  
extempreacher

Hillcrest

I think that is Ksatz

people who do public forum shouldn't be allowed on cross-x!

don't mean to snuff out your dreams thomas bc mr. jordan has other ideas. No more glendale policy debate means....your program is dying a slow painful death. those are my words of wisdom

as for hillcrest

this is tournament is phenomenal!

quarters:

1. Carthage A (Christian/Kevin) def. 8. Parkview D (Travis/Ben)

7. Nixa B def. 2. Kickapoo A (Bonnie/Kevin)

6. Seneca A def. 3. Parkview A (Ben/WillyG)

4. Nixa A (Joe Ree/ B-ryn) def. 5. Marshfield A

Sems:

Seneca A def. Nixa B

Nixa A def. Carthage A (3-0, J. Rowland, Wise, Lehmberg)

Finals:

Nixa A def. Seneca A (3-0, Judith Rowland, Alyssa Dudley, Danny Hayes)

Congratulations to everyone! and super (as if it is possible) congratulations to joe ree and b cann, it was fun!

people who do public forum shouldn't be allowed on cross-x!

my bad that I still keep up with policy because I miss it sarah.

I will try to be more considerate to your feelings in the future.

• Downvote 2

my bad that I still keep up with policy because I miss it sarah.

I will try to be more considerate to your feelings in the future.

thomas! i retract my statements for you. mainly bc you almost made me cry and i over heard allyson talking about how she hated it!

this whole smoking metaphor for debate is trippy. let it be known to all that I found out this last weekend that Thomas and Allyson have no choice in the matter because Mr. Jordan is making them do public forum debate. now everyone feel sorry for them. you too will!

you poor, poor boy. At least he isn't making you inhale ddt.

oh, but wait... DDT (apparently) ISN'T bad for you! it just makes you give birth to six legged babies, or something like that... who'da thunk?

You seem to have a lot of unwarranted aggression against me, will. not sure why, but if you care to explain...

how's this: in semifinals at hillcrest, kevin and i had 2 judges that hated us (one that kevin had alyssa strike the 4th round, and eventually WillyG struck the same judge), and one that had judged our previous round and didn't particularly like our affirmative. this isn't to say that we lost unfairly at all. we decided to let nixa decide the pace of the round and chose to go aff (undefeated) in sems (undefeated) against a team whom we thought would run fairly generic arguments. and it turned out to be true.

nixa won fair and square, no joke. kevin and i did alot of things wrong, we undercovered china-a position we weren't prepped for specifically (b/c it doesn't link and we didn't figure anyone would run it), and honestly our ability to debate kritiks effectively isn't anywhere near where we want it to be. WE LOST. i was more worried going up on stage to hear that parkview had lost to seneca (a team that sucks). i know that WillyG and Ben were the better team, hands down. (they deserved the win)

if what you need to hear is that nixa was a better team, then fine. i will say that nixa was the better team. if Brynden and Joel need to hear it-just look up. i won't deny it. they absolutely deserved the win that round, and they did alot of things very very well. and if YOU need to hear it will to satisfy a little need in your heart, then fine. will pearson is a better debater than i...

kevin and i don't brag or boast about a win, we don't post that we are better than anyone, and to my present knowledge we don't harass people from central for losing their THIRD ROUND OF THE SEASON. i apologize if kevin or myself have offended anyone by saying that we are better than anyone else in debate. i can't speak for kevin, but in my opinion everyone is competition, whether they are respectable or not.

but i'm pretty sure you deserve a big "fuck you will pearson" for taking my post and using it to fuel some beef you have with us.

i don't really see how "hillcrest made me sad" belongs somewhere other than in the hillcrest thread, but next time i will do my best to find a better place to direct my feelings.

hillcrest was the first invitational i ever won, and i will regret that it was the last time i get to debate there. that was the point of the post...

• Downvote 1

Hm, I'm fairly certain I didn't criticize you personally but rather the complaining nature of your post. It's not a big deal.

did you just choose to ignore the last sentence of christian's post?

christian johns and sha evans won hillcrest their sophomore year, against kickapoo...