Sign in to follow this  
PtxPwner

referendum CP

The best CP ever is Referendums.

It's basically Consult the US public.

If you ever need CP solvency, you just pull out your politics links file and find "Plan popular - public" evidence.

Because this means public will say yes, CP solves.

Also, there are some sweet NB's.

Direct Democracy, Spending, Politics

If you ever need CP solvency, you just pull out your politics links file and find "Plan popular - public" evidence.

i dont see how spending would be beneficial, the fg would still have to pay for the outcome of the plan

Guest svfrey

then "perm: do the counterplan"

and, POOF! it goes away, because if they say yes, then its functionally the same as the plan

In response to GlassCase:

Specifically, a spending DA that works off perception links.

Because if the bill doesn't go through Congress, it won't be perceived as a loss in fiscal discipline.

In response to Sean and his perm:

First, the perm would be severing out of the immediacy of the plan.

Secondly, the CP still competes via NB's.

elites DA + perm

Guest svfrey
In response to GlassCase:

Specifically, a spending DA that works off perception links.

Because if the bill doesn't go through Congress, it won't be perceived as a loss in fiscal discipline.

In response to Sean and his perm:

First, the perm would be severing out of the immediacy of the plan.

Secondly, the CP still competes via NB's.

Ohhhh, damnit!

you called me out on my severence permutation (that is completely justified by the abusive nature of this counterplan). Whatever shall I do?

seriously, dude

this counterplan is like not competitive at all

it's artificially competitive, at best, which means all my intrinsic and severence perms are justified because they're the only way to test whether the net benefits are germane to plan action

Ohhhh, damnit!

you called me out on my severence permutation (that is completely justified by the abusive nature of this counterplan). Whatever shall I do?

seriously, dude

this counterplan is like not competitive at all

it's artificially competitive, at best, which means all my intrinsic and severence perms are justified because they're the only way to test whether the net benefits are germane to plan action

It's not artificially competitive. Rather than passing the plan through normal means, we hold a refferendum.

Our net benefits all link to passing the plan through normal means, so no worries their either.

It's not artificially competitive. Rather than passing the plan through normal means, we hold a refferendum.

Our net benefits all link to passing the plan through normal means, so no worries their either.

Fiat isn't a function of the plan text [cross-apply consult block here].

i hope you're joking...

let's pull out all of our consult answers. No joke.

i hope you're joking...

let's pull out all of our consult answers. No joke.

Framing your referendum counterplan as "consult the public" is just silly. Arguably, a referendum would be mutually exclusive with the aff, because, I mean, logically policy makers don't have a public referendum and then vote in chambers on the same matter. Rather, the will of the referendum is the policy implementation that occurs.

Except for the fact that I'm not joking.

If you're going to make a perm,

Severance bad.

NB's link to agency, CP competes.

If you're going to claim solvency deficit,

We have a shit load of ev that says the US public loves your foreign aid programs.

They will vote yes.

Even if they say no, our Frey in '03 evidence indicates the desirable parts of the plan will be influenced and implemented.

Go ahead and straight turn the NB's.

Politics/Direct Democracy debates are fun.

• Downvote 1

Even if they say no, our Frey in '03 evidence indicates the desirable parts of the plan will be influenced and implemented.

clarify?

Politics/Direct Democracy debates are fun.

how does direct democracy link to "normal means"?

A CP that compete off normal means is not amazing to start with. Add in the fact that the politics DA can easily be impact turned and you have more issues. Throw in a IL takeout and suddenly your CP isn't looking so hot at all. Maybe a nice SD argument will kill it. And then the abuse the CP justifies in terms of severance and intrinsic perms to test the DA's exclusive link to the plan is the nail in the coffin.

Frey says that even if the public says no, policy makers will become aware of the subject at hand and implement favorable planks of the policy.

The way our government currently operates is in a representative form, which would be normal means. By altering policy making to a directly democratic form, it's not normal means anymore.

And it definitely negates the resolution enough.

First of all it violates "Resolved" because action is not immediate.

Secondly, it can't fully be considered "USFG" because a referendum works outside of the bounds of our current government system. (national referendums are unconstitutional)

Kunal, most of the answers you subscribed apply to almost every CP anyway. As for you solvency deficit and perm arguments, cross apply my answers from above.

The problem with US referendums is that most people just simply don't give a shit about Africa, a better referendum would be consult the Africans. The net-benefit is various imperialism K's. but that's my opnion.

The problem with US referendums is that most people just simply don't give a shit about Africa, a better referendum would be consult the Africans. The net-benefit is various imperialism K's. but that's my opnion.

Either Africa says no and the cp can't solve case or Africa says yes meaning they want the plan and it isn't imperialist.

How many rounds at Concordia did you win on the Ref CP? Cause everyone pretty much disagrees with you about the usefulness of the CP, perhaps if you were winning like every round ever on it you'd have a leg to stand on. Otherwise, I'd say the mass consensus is CP is a bad idea. Just admit it.

How many rounds at Concordia did you win on the Ref CP? Cause everyone pretty much disagrees with you about the usefulness of the CP, perhaps if you were winning like every round ever on it you'd have a leg to stand on. Otherwise, I'd say the mass consensus is CP is a bad idea. Just admit it.

i didn't run it at camp. and every round where we've gone for it in the 2NR, me and nick have picked up. So I'd say we have enough leg to stand on.

i agree with your first statement -- this CP would have worked much better last year. however, it's going to be next to impossible to get africans to vote. they've got more important things on their mind -- like survival. furthermore, you could straight turn it if an imperlialism K is the NB . . . there're links saying that data collection is imperialist (i think it's in MNDI's file . . . but could be wrong).