Sign in to follow this  
Beccasaurus

Dumbest Aff Ever [Water]

So, our coach judged a water case.

They were going to send Aquatabs to SSA...

One of their Harms was no water in SSA.

Our response was "what are they going to do, collect the tears of their starving children and pureify those?"

lmfao. that doesn't make water the dumbest aff ever. it just makes that case really stupid. btw, what school was this? hahahahaha.

lmfao. that doesn't make water the dumbest aff ever. it just makes that case really stupid. btw, what school was this? hahahahaha.

I don't remember, I'll post it tomorrow.

It was at the Gilmer tourney this weekend, though.

and I'd like to see one that was dumber.

Then again, there was the one where they were sending solar cookers to SSA... I'm wondering A) How they're going to learn to use them and B) What they're going to cook. More bushmeat, so they can get more diseases? Then again, this case must be a big thing since it was in the October SK Update

Haha. But if there's no water, where are those tears coming from? :|

Anyways, this case is dumb. Water isn't, but this case is. Fruity and ironic, perfect for novice.

But wait...what the heck are aquatabs?

Haha. But if there's no water, where are those tears coming from? :|

Anyways, this case is dumb. Water isn't, but this case is. Fruity and ironic, perfect for novice.

But wait...what the heck are aquatabs?

http://www.aquatabs.com/

Aquatabs are water purification tablets used for making water safe to drink in both emergency / disaster situations and for long term household water treatment.

Aquatabs have been used for humanitarian aid by all of the world’s leading aid agencies, NGOs and peace keeping/defence forces. Over 2.5 billion litres of water were treated by Aquatabs in 2006.

Aquatabs are made with NaDCC known also as sodium dichloroisocyanurate or sodium troclosene which offers significant advantages over old water treatment methods such as Iodine, bleach / hypochlorite, halazone, chloramines and others in the prevention of cholera, typhoid, dysentery, diarrhoea and other waterbourne diseases.

Aquatabs are:

Safe - The recognised active ingredient used in Aquatabs conforms to international specifications and approvals.

- N.S.F. International (National Sanitation Foundation)

- FAO/WHO JECFA

- US EPA

Effective – Aquatabs have been used worldwide for over two decades in all water variations and have been proven effective in varying water pH levels, hardness & turbidities (the measure of the cloudiness of water).

Simple to use – just put the tablet into water and wait 30 minutes – simple.

Long Shelf-life – Aquatabs have a 5 year shelf-life even in the most challenging tropical conditions.

Easy to transport – Aquatabs are dry and are non-hazardous to transport, extremely light and compact.

Quality assurance

Aquatabs are the only water purification tablets made under strict pharmaceutical standard GMP approved conditions in the British Isles.

http://www.aquatabs.com/

Aquatabs are water purification tablets used for making water safe to drink in both emergency / disaster situations and for long term household water treatment.

Aquatabs have been used for humanitarian aid by all of the world’s leading aid agencies, NGOs and peace keeping/defence forces. Over 2.5 billion litres of water were treated by Aquatabs in 2006.

Aquatabs are made with NaDCC known also as sodium dichloroisocyanurate or sodium troclosene which offers significant advantages over old water treatment methods such as Iodine, bleach / hypochlorite, halazone, chloramines and others in the prevention of cholera, typhoid, dysentery, diarrhoea and other waterbourne diseases.

Aquatabs are:

Safe - The recognised active ingredient used in Aquatabs conforms to international specifications and approvals.

- N.S.F. International (National Sanitation Foundation)

- FAO/WHO JECFA

- US EPA

Effective – Aquatabs have been used worldwide for over two decades in all water variations and have been proven effective in varying water pH levels, hardness & turbidities (the measure of the cloudiness of water).

Simple to use – just put the tablet into water and wait 30 minutes – simple.

Long Shelf-life – Aquatabs have a 5 year shelf-life even in the most challenging tropical conditions.

Easy to transport – Aquatabs are dry and are non-hazardous to transport, extremely light and compact.

Quality assurance

Aquatabs are the only water purification tablets made under strict pharmaceutical standard GMP approved conditions in the British Isles.

ok - this aff isnt much diff from water affs in general - it just specs a sovency mechanism as opposed to "water purification methods"

what is wrong with it? the name of the product?

her argument was that their harms took out their solvency because if there's no water in Africa what are they purifying?

Although, I almost guarantee she is wrong about their harms and their harms was no clean water, not "no water"...

her argument was that their harms took out their solvency because if there's no water in Africa what are they purifying?

Although, I almost guarantee she is wrong about their harms and their harms was no clean water, not "no water"...

"Areas in SSA in drought - no water"

From a flow in that round ;D

"Areas in SSA in drought - no water"

From a flow in that round ;D

areas in SSA in drought - no clean water???

maybe it was implied, i dont think they would say there isnt a drop of water in SSA

maybe though, i wasnt there, so...

Then again, there was the one where they were sending solar cookers to SSA... I'm wondering A) How they're going to learn to use them and B) What they're going to cook. More bushmeat, so they can get more diseases? Then again, this case must be a big thing since it was in the October SK Update

did anyone else find this offensive?

did anyone else find this offensive?
Sorry, I didn't mean for it to be.

But if you look at it, all the nutrition and whatnot, they weren't sending over food to cook. In SSA they're eating animals that they can catch/kill/eat, whether or not its healthy. People are getting diseases and DYING from the "bush meat," so people are sending over SOLAR COOKERS instead of HEALTHY FOOD. When people don't have anything else to eat, so they eat random animals that they can catch for food, they're going to get sick and get diseases.

Thats like in some countries they eat dog & cats & whatever, if the cats were all infected with Feline Leukimia, whoever ate them would probably get sick, also if the dogs had like... distemper or something. When the monkies/other animals/whatever are diseased, the people are going to get sick

And common sense says most people in Sub-Saharan Africa won't know how to use a solar cooker. I mean, I probably would take a little practice with it, especially if I'd never seen one before & didn't know what to do with it.

Again, sorry to whomever I offended, my apologies =]

areas in SSA in drought - no clean water???

maybe it was implied, i dont think they would say there isnt a drop of water in SSA

maybe though, i wasnt there, so...

They were saying some areas (I'm assuming near the desert?) they go through these mega droughts where there isn't enough water period.

They also had a bunch of no clean water cards (Harm A, Harm B was no water whatsoever) since they were solving for no clean water

Sorry, I didn't mean for it to be.

And common sense says most people in Sub-Saharan Africa won't know how to use a solar cooker. I mean, I probably would take a little practice with it, especially if I'd never seen one before & didn't know what to do with it.

Again, sorry to whomever I offended, my apologies =]

...africa isnt like...huts

If you're sorry, then you probably shouldn't continue to make offensively ignorant statements. People in Africa eat monkeys? Where on earth are you pulling this from? I realize it's not your intention to directly insult Africans, but don't make assumptions based on the stereotypes you might perceive.

Besides, it's not like the agribusiness crap we eat in the United States is a panacea of health either.

I think they are reffering to the bushmeat aff, which talks about Africans eating "bush" animals, such as gorillas, giraffes, ect., and how this is bad. I don't think he ment to be offensive, I think he attempted humor on teh interwebs, and he wasn't funny.

If you're sorry, then you probably shouldn't continue to make offensively ignorant statements. People in Africa eat monkeys? Where on earth are you pulling this from? I realize it's not your intention to directly insult Africans, but don't make assumptions based on the stereotypes you might perceive.

Besides, it's not like the agribusiness crap we eat in the United States is a panacea of health either.

Haha, I'm sorry.

I'm not trying to "offend" anyone.

Its proven, in SOME PLACES IN AFRICA a lot of the disease and whatnot DID come from eating random stuff. I mean, I'm from the south. I'll be the first to admit that Americans eat random shit too. (IE: In Texas, its not strange at all to eat alligator or deer or possum or even wild hog. wtf? These are the people that I'd laugh at/poke fun of for their traditions. I live by Rhonnesboro, which has a sign that says "Possum capital of East Texas." I'm DEFINATELY not trying to be racist or judgemental or whatever.

• Downvote 1

I think they are reffering to the bushmeat aff, which talks about Africans eating "bush" animals, such as gorillas, giraffes, ect., and how this is bad. I don't think he ment to be offensive, I think he attempted humor on teh interwebs, and he wasn't funny.

Because Becca (which is the first part of my screenname.) is a guys name. Right? Riight.

& no, I wasn't trying to be funny. I was saying if you send SOLAR COOKERS into little, small villages in SSA where yes, they do eat animals that they catch in the forrests and whatnot, they're NOT GOING TO KNOW HOW TO USE THEM.

By the way.

BUSHMEAT isn't an offensive word (http://www.bushmeat.org/portal/server.pt) and even for once the terrible wiki even helps (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bushmeat).

Its the term thats used to describe ANIMALS CAUGHT IN THE WILD THAT GET EATEN, INCLUDING MONKIES AND RODENTS.

If people ate possums and got sick (which I'm sure some do, the thought of it makes me slightly queasy) I'd say the same thing. SENDING THEM SOLAR COOKERS AND NO FOOD ISN'T GOING TO HELP. SENDING THEM FOOD THAT WON'T GIVE THEM DISEASES WILL.

Now please, can we get back to the ORIGINAL topic of this thread. I'm sorry to anyone I offended, but please, get off my ass.

• Downvote 1

Now please, can we get back to the ORIGINAL topic of this thread. I'm sorry to anyone I offended, but please, get off my ass.

Actually, I'd like to get on it.

Sign in to follow this