debateclark

Does anyone know the easiest case to run for affs.

Water for the Poor Act. However, more advantages isn't better. The more advantages you read, the more link and impact turn ground you give the negative. I think it'd be far better to read one or two longer advantages with more warrants.

• Downvote 1

Water (Water for the Poor Act)

Genocide

HIV/AIDS

Really easy ones, just be sure to prepare for those stupidass PHA T's ran on genocide.

Water (Water for the Poor Act) Really easy ones, just be sure to prepare for those stupidass PHA T's ran on genocide.

"stupidass"? I literally couldn't stop laughing when I was reading through the greenhill case list and found that someone was actually running this affirmative- it's much more like something I would yell about in my 2NC to show the kind of ridiculous cases they justify. For another comedy option, check out their solvency mechanism- watching people and making sure they don't do any genocides; why didn't I think of that?

I'd say Water. It's pretty straightforward, but it's easy as hell to rebuttal, so be careful.

actually, water isn't that easy of a case. it mainly depends on the advs. some cases are as easy as hell and can easily be designed for novices, but others are Varsity material.

water really has a lot of latitude. you can run about a dozen advantages, go completely straight up or kritikal, win T fairly easily...

it's possible to come up with an original water aff with some pretty nice warrents.

however, that's all a double-edged sword, you could end up writing a really inferior water case...

medflag always gets CPed. but yea, with blocks (LOTS OF BLOCK), it can be amazing.

curious? what cp's do you run against medflag

medflag always gets CPed. but yea, with blocks (LOTS OF BLOCK), it can be amazing.

Yeah but due to the deeeep nature of the literature base for that aff you can write some fairly fucking devistating disads to most counterplans for the aff.

Me and my partner want to select a easier case to write up that has a lot of advantages.

if u want an easy case with lots/big advantages obviously ur gonna have to go BIG STICK...and with that i would suggest these three

1. Water for the Poor--There is alot of good lit, and alot of BIG advantages that are mostly us key but alot of them are hege/demo/ect based...this is because water is at the root of every problem in ssa (thats a lie but there is lit that says that) with this aff be ready to hit a lot of specific CPS like grain, basil convention et cetera

2. Medflag--BIG HEGE BIG TERRORISM BIG AFRICAN RELATIONS BIG DISEASE BIG CHINA DEBATE...strong against CPS but there is a BIG case debate to be ready 4

3. GHS--this aff i think is very strong but doesnt have alot of advantage, but has a strong AIDS solvency, and strong SP solvency along with bioT...but if ur looking for the most advantage go with water no doubt

• Downvote 1

If you're a T hack and want them to go for it every round, run Landmines or Child Soldiers.

If you would prefer something a bit more, eh, resolutional, I'd say Water has some pretty diverse advantage options.

Guest svfrey
If you're a T hack and want them to go for it every round, run Landmines or Child Soldiers.

If you would prefer something a bit more, eh, resolutional, I'd say Water has some pretty diverse advantage options.

if you're really a T hack and want them to go for it every round run GGR

and i'm also surprised no one else had mentioned it yet...

ummmmmmmmm dude not even i would fun those affs, not even karlson would do that and he is probably the best T debater iv seen i mean also those both are not that un-T

landmines as long as ur treating landmine victums its T if ur demining NOOO

child soldiers--if ur treating child soldier ur kinda non-t under public but w/e

if you're really a T hack and want them to go for it every round run GGR

and i'm also surprised no one else had mentioned it yet...

HERES A VOICE OF REASON!!!The thing about gag rule is...ull hit T repeal the gag OR have X country increase and tix (republicans hate) and inherency everyround...and its adv. are all basically similar

• Downvote 1

there's like ten articles advocating medflag expansion. half of them are from 1997.

Start searching stuff about HCA's, HA's, and EP's in the context of military operations and you'll come up with alot more.

Still think DDT is the easiest to defend...winning 200 million die every year and killing the links on disads should be easy enough. Rather easy to win its t unless you're against a very good t debater.

Still think DDT is the easiest to defend...winning 200 million die every year and killing the links on disads should be easy enough. Rather easy to win its t unless you're against a very good t debater.

ummm dude only artificially us key...but hey most affs are

Guest svfrey

um, buddy

i seriously doubt that 1/3 of the population in africa dies from malaria every year

if they did, then there would be no malthus disad....;)

the actual number is waaaay down around 1.3-1.5 million per year

um, buddy

i seriously doubt that 1/3 of the population in africa dies from malaria every year

if they did, then there would be no malthus disad....;)

the actual number is waaaay down around 1.3-1.5 million per year

There's 900 mill people in Africa, according to wikipedia.

I don't know how accurate this is; it was from a quick Google search.

http://newsfromrussia.com/science/2005/05/05/59592.html

"Up to 90 percent of the world's one million malaria deaths and 300 million acute illnesses each year occur among African children under five years old. Those statistics have not changed since 2000, reports VOA News."

That article takes out your 200 million a year impact- 90% of 1 million= 900,000. That's not near a large enough impact to outweigh a nuclear war disad with a TINY RISK of X country not solving.

That article takes out your 200 million a year impact- 90% of 1 million= 900,000. That's not near a large enough impact to outweigh a nuclear war disad with a TINY RISK of X country not solving.

with the right lit (it exists...cause it's true), nuke war loses on probability.