Sign in to follow this  
Maury

Topical K affs

Also, with texts that have multiple planks, you open yourself up to a lot of sweet PICS. American de-mining teaching sucks? PIC out of the word "victims"?

you could also look into the SNFI traditional medicine aff

it doesnt have a premade 1AC.. but the file has enuf ev to

put together biopower, borders, representation, and medicalization

advantages

• Upvote 1

What's the thesis of the zizek ARV aff? Did a camp put it out?

the thesis of the Zizek ARV aff is essentially that capitalism has birthed a restrictive economy which denies life to those invaluable to the capitalist system by withholding ARV medicine from those truly in need of it. It takes an ethical stance against global capitalism (although some teams specify neo-lib) and identifies with those who are abject to capitalism by dispersing and developing 100% Free life saving ARVs. The solvency advocate Zizek and Daly - and we claim metacon for solvency.

many camps put out this aff, but the UTNIF version is the best. (Marathon 2K7, "Patent Disregard Aff," Johnson / McBride's lab)

What's the plan text on the UTNIF aff? I really like that aff, but I never saw a plan text in there...

The 1AC is all about how bad capitalism, neoliberalism, and ARV patents are...so what exactly is the solvency mechanism, seeing as giving patented medicine to Africa violates patent law? Obviously that's kinda the point, but it seems to me either the plan text uses compulsory licenses or some other mechanism already within the system, thus failing to break it down, or it's simply blatantly illegal...

Deleuze and Guattari PLO...becoming-sex worker. It's totally topical as far as that goes and works within everything else. PM me for cites or discussion.

Hutchinson AC's Foucault Sex Workers aff is completely topical and most certainly has a solvency advocate as does their Derrida aff which is also topical that they broke this weekend at UT. One of our affs that has yet to be broken also most certainly has solvency advocate.

• Upvote 1

Hutchinson AC's Foucault Sex Workers aff is completely topical and most certainly has a solvency advocate as does their Derrida aff which is also topical that they broke this weekend at UT. One of our affs that has yet to be broken also most certainly has solvency advocate.

Who is the solvency advocate for the Foucault Sex Workers case?

Few things here:

1. Your solvency advocate need only refer to what the plan does and that it solves, meaning in some cases it doesn't have to describe ALL effects of the plan.

2. Using advantages to question T is mixing burdens, if the plan is written topically, you're probably okay on the extra T debate unless the plan is also like "...and will break down the notions of securitzation," or something.

3. If the aff is FAR left (and not just claiming some nebulous advantage) they'll more than likely either a) not defend plan or T or B) they'll K T, and they'll read framework in both instances.

• Downvote 1

What's the gist on the derrida aff?

we hit them 6th round. it's not really a derrida aff. it's a patent reform arv aff with mostly neolib advantages. they read one or two democracy to come cards at the bottom and blow that up later on if necessary.

Guest fizelly27
we hit them 6th round. it's not really a derrida aff. it's a patent reform arv aff with mostly neolib advantages. they read one or two democracy to come cards at the bottom and blow that up later on if necessary.

is it similar to the zizek arv aff that utnif put out?

not really - there's no zizek evidence, no politicization of the economy, and as far as I know they aren't even particularly concerned with actual "patent disregard." it's more like utnif's debt cancellation aff except with different internals lol. something about denying them access to medication and suppressing their local economies == neolib. then there are 1 or 2 derrida cards slipped in at the bottom.

Guest fizelly27
Can anyone give me a link to a place I can dowload the Sex Workers aff?

(this is uder the assumption ur referring to the foucault sex workers aff) no because hutchinson ac made the aff. however u can find their cites on the greenhill casebook which can be found using the cross-x search function

Can anyone give me a link to a place I can dowload the Sex Workers aff?

If you're reffering to Hutchinson's aff, nope, if not, check the 7 week seniors camp file for a prostitution loyalty aff, if you need it i'll upload it later on.