Sign in to follow this  
Brik

Washington Warrior / Roosevelt Roughrider

Here's the Varsity/JV lists from Rough Rider. I apologize in advance for any inaccuracies I have made. I didn't get any of the Novice rounds down, or if I did, I had no idea how to spell the names and didn't even want to try.

Varsity Policy:

1. Friedenbach & Hussein, Yankton

2. Barton & Telleria, Vermillion

3. Simon & Holkesvik, Aberdeen Central

4. Kerr & Aadland, Brookings

J.V. Policy

1. Emo & Owens, Brookings

2. Bosch & Schulte, Yankton

3. Miller & Gutzman, Vermillion

4. Pohl & Ludwig, Milbank

Varsity Public Forum

1. Baldwin & Dearborn, Milbank

2. Hirsch & Klatt, Watertown

3. Lang & Webster, Rapid City Central

4. Robbins & Peterson, Watertown

Varsity LD

1. Kristin Lentz, Milbank

2. Blake Neff, Sioux Falls Lincoln

3. Laura Streich, Milbank

4. James LaCroix, Rapid City Stevens

Not sure on other events . . .

Sweeps:

A

1. Milbank

2. Vermillion

AA

1. Aberdeen Central

2. Watertown

3. TIE: Brookings & Yankton

If I have butchered your name, please tell me.

• Downvote 1

just a peice of advice for the rest of the year, to everyone else from someone who learned the hard way: do not backpack in south dakota. yes, its cool as shit but judges just arent ready for K around here.

CONGRATS TOM AND JAMILA!!!

just a peice of advice for the rest of the year, to everyone else from someone who learned the hard way: do not backpack in south dakota. yes, its cool as shit but judges just arent ready for K around here.

Backpackers are the shit hater.

Here are your results for Warrior extemp and oratory stuff, if you want interp, they should be on-line next week

Foreign Extemp:

1 -- Jeff Lang -- RCC

2 -- Alicia Enterman -- Verm

3 -- Josh Van Laecken -- H2O

4 -- Blake Neff -- SFL

5 -- Tomi Lahren -- RCC

6 -- Alex Fredrichsen -- ABC

DX

1 -- Jeremy Simon -- ABC

1 -- Jesse Goodwin -- SFW (Jeremy and Jesse both has straight 4's and 118 out of 120 points)

3 -- Amanda Barton -- Verm

4 -- Matt Thompson -- H2O

5 -- Lindsay Thompson -- SFR

6 -- Colter Heirigs -- ABC

OO

1 -- Lauren Werth -- ABC

2 -- Michael Holkesvik -- ABC

3 -- Ben Kantack -- Brookings

4 -- Lisa Johnson -- SFL

5 -- Hannah Mettler -- ABC

6 -- Danielle Wang -- Brookings

be quiet you.

Backpackers are the shit hater.

Why thank you. I happened to backpack the tournament and was voted down round 2 because "the kritik d/n link to the topic" (not the plan, the entire topic).

• Downvote 1

Why thank you. I happened to backpack the tournament and was voted down round 2 because "the kritik d/n link to the topic" (not the plan, the entire topic).

Run something that links.

I agree that South Dakota judges can sometimes be a little opininated on K debate. However, I think people should spend less time complaining about how their judge rejected their argument and either 1) write a new argument and acutally conform to judge preferences 2) make the argument so strong the judge can't reject it. K's are extremely complicated and to run one well the debater should know it inside and out. Even more importantly they should know the philosopher they are talking about. Most people have no idea what Focoult (sp?) actually said but they consider themselves experts on biopower. Judges from alot of states just hate K debate. We had plenty of judges at nationals who were as if not more narrow-minded about the issue. Overall south dakota has a solid debate style and we should be happy we can debate real issues instead of seeing who can read their nonsensical k's the fastest

• Upvote 1

Well if you are from SD and you know that SD judges aren't going to vote on a K then why are you running one?? The point of every single debate round is to pick up the judge(s) ballot(s). Anyone who says they are doing anything different woudn't be online complaining when they lose. Judge adaptation and adjustment is far more important than if your argument is "right" or "wrong"

• Upvote 1

yep... because fem ir sure links to water