ldsk

Unexpected Affs

Plan Text: The United States Federal Government should substantially increase its public health assistance to Sub-Saharan Africa through the use of Oprah Winfrey.

That's just flat-out non-topical (its, USFG) but I assume its also heavily extra-topical too then if, say, it claims advantages off of Oprah. And it's not even a resolved plan. It's still kind of funny though.

so at a local tournament here, i heard the most ridiculous case and i never got a chance to beat it and it is a case that breeds spiders and fishes in SSA to eat the mosquitos that spread malaria... i laughed long time

how about this aff... we affirm the resolution... it's because it doesn't say create a new policy... and then they read social contract evidence from john locke and someone else

Resolved: The United States Federal Government Should Substantially Increase Its Public Health Assistance To Sub-Saharan Africa,

NO WHERE DOES IT SAY WE NEED TO ESTABLISH A POLICY!!!!

this is how they describe their case

I wouldn't say it's a good plan, but a team from Bentonville Arkansas is running blood diamonds. It seems completely non-topical but there's no way to prove it. They are strictly doing it in a way of chain of effects. Any pointers for next time I run against them???

Blood diamonds is straight up effectually topical. You can either run effects topicality as its own issue or you can tack it on to a T-shell of PHA as an independent voter. I would probably go with the latter. I don't know how you're having trouble proving it's non-topical. What's the plan text?

Blood diamonds is straight up effectually topical. You can either run effects topicality as its own issue or you can tack it on to a T-shell of PHA as an independent voter. I would probably go with the latter. I don't know how you're having trouble proving it's non-topical. What's the plan text?

They are checking ALL diamonds and when finding one they track it which will supposedly help get the ppl out of working there and somehow increase public health. It's total bologna.

Actually, there's almost no way to tell blood diamonds from clean ones - the Kimberley Process regulations are all voluntary, so sketchiness is even more difficult to find and eliminate than most people suspect.

That said, however, it's working - blood diamond exchange is down 75 percent in countries that have acceeded to UN protocol on the issue - it just isn't likely to completely wipe out worker abuse, slavery, or the blood diamond industry itself.

I'm not implying that blood diamonds isn't an important issue. I'm also not denying that because of blood diamonds, atrocities are being carried out. All I'm trying to say is at absolute best, such a case would be FX T, and at its worst, it isn't topical at all.

"I hit an AFF last weekend that used this stuff called Plumpy'nut peanut butter. It's some kind of peanut butter shit made in France..."

Of course it was shit, it was made in France lolz ^^

I have heard of a Nazi aff case. The plan txt was:

The usfg shud substantually increase its health asistance to SSA by sending in Nazi regems to destory all the Africans who dont have blonde hair or blue eyes.

Now this is a weird case!!

Well there was a case we hit at Berkeley that was a poem having nothing to do with SSA or public health or anything. It was just a case that talked about helping the environment. We basically did our usual thing against poem affs, but I just thought it weird that it has literally nothing to do with the resolution. It was pretty easy to prove resolutionality, but they went straight into the T is bad debate without any of the "we meets" you would see in, say, for example that critical FGC aff (which, by the way, we also hit and beat at Berkeley).

ha, that would be us =] You know you want to help the environment =]

edit: Were you the guys who read the whole GDI anti k file? or ddi?

My weird aff story trumps all....

Once upon a time, in the college circuit, don't ask where, a team went into the room before the round, and stole the ballot. When the round began, they got up, showed off their stolen victory to the judge and the opposition, and then read a 1AC consisting purely of piracy good.

Is that not the BEST aff evar!!!???

My favorite was send a troupe of actors to Africa to preform for the people there. It makes them happy so it increases public health?

ha, that would be us =] You know you want to help the environment =]

edit: Were you the guys who read the whole GDI anti k file? or ddi?

Haha, yeah. I remember that round. The case was interesting, that's for sure. It was the GDI anti K file.

My weird aff story trumps all....

Once upon a time, in the college circuit, don't ask where, a team went into the room before the round, and stole the ballot. When the round began, they got up, showed off their stolen victory to the judge and the opposition, and then read a 1AC consisting purely of piracy good.

Is that not the BEST aff evar!!!???

That would be the Red lands that did that last year.

That would be the Red lands that did that last year.

Actually, that was Baylor's strategy against Redlands' pirates arg.

we read psychedelic psychotherapy this year. (tryptamine-containing plants native to africa used by shamans).

read a lot of evidence by terence mckenna..