ldsk

Unexpected Affs

There's a team here in Montana that's running an energy aff, i guess it could be called. I don't think it's very good though. They use the AU teamed with peace corps to give 3 countries, i can't remember which ones, "digesters" which change human and animal waste products into biogas to use for electricity. It's a crazy case.

Holy crap, now all of those "nanobots will turn the universe into a blob of gray matter" cards can actually be used!

We ran against an Al-Shiva aff... it was pretty good. Its rebuilding a pharmacy in Sudan that the US blew up. Its really un-T, but they have their T arguments prepped out so much they are invulnerable.

I have really gone against it, but it is a possibility and some of my friends have hit them.

• Downvote 1

We ran against an Al-Shiva aff... it was pretty good. Its rebuilding a pharmacy in Sudan that the US blew up. Its really un-T, but they have their T arguments prepped out so much they are invulnerable.

I have really gone against it, but it is a possibility and some of my friends have hit them.

who cares if they have blocks...beat them because they aren't topical

Even if they have it "super prepped out" on T- that just means that have 2 min shells to answer your 30 second violations- run like 4 violations- t govt to govt, public health, substantially, all of ssa- then run 2 disads, a k, and a cp, and case- they will be so spread out they lose on t if undercover- or you can win on substantive.

Even if nothing links- run spending, ptix, case, consult japan, nietzsche. With the 4 t- they will be spread out like no other.

• Downvote 1

Even if they have it "super prepped out" on T- that just means that have 2 min shells to answer your 30 second violations- run like 4 violations- t govt to govt, public health, substantially, all of ssa- then run 2 disads, a k, and a cp, and case- they will be so spread out they lose on t if undercover- or you can win on substantive.

Even if nothing links- run spending, ptix, case, consult japan, nietzsche. With the 4 t- they will be spread out like no other.

Yeah, that's why that strategy works against everyone.

Oh wait.

• Downvote 1

all they have to win of you do this is that it would be bad to debate only the cases that meet all those violations. I think on your topic there would be 3 cases that all have to increase an arbitrary amount and go gov to gov...

hmmm

Plan Text: The United States federal government should offer domesticated ungulates of the Bovinae subfamily to the people of the Maasai.

Have you seen any unpredicted aff cases this year that were actually good? What are they?

I've heard of people running a Land Mines aff.

Also, repealing PEPFAR and enstating PATHWAY in SSA.

I've heard of people running a Land Mines aff.

Also, repealing PEPFAR and enstating PATHWAY in SSA.

Yeah, those are REALLY unexpected. Landmines?!

• Downvote 1

Yeah, those are REALLY unexpected. Landmines?!

Someone ran in in varsity last week. Supposedly, it was really cool. But I didn't even think/know there were landmines in SSA.

And Pathway is kinda stupid.

Someone ran in in varsity last week. Supposedly, it was really cool. But I didn't even think/know there were landmines in SSA.

And Pathway is kinda stupid.

There's only two teams I know of in the northeast that run landmines. It's not unheard of, but it's rare.

Mainly because, well, it's not that topical.

Also, it only really applies to twenty-one or twenty-two countries (out of the forty-eight in Sub-Saharan Africa), which apparently some people gripe about.

Regarding your last point: There are around twenty million landmines in Angola alone. Africa is actually the worst mine-affected continent; Sub-Saharan Africa has it worst.

See, you learn something new every day.

• Downvote 1

A cool aff I heard about was a case that talked about river blindness in Africa. I'm not sure because we never actually hit them but their novice team was runnning the same aff and one of our novices debated them. I guess they lost to it too, but I don't know how good it really was since I haven't seen it for myself.

A cool aff I heard about was a case that talked about river blindness in Africa. I'm not sure because we never actually hit them but their novice team was runnning the same aff and one of our novices debated them. I guess they lost to it too, but I don't know how good it really was since I haven't seen it for myself.
It doesn't seems like that case could possibly have a U.S. key warrant.

We hit a Medflags case that claimed blindness as an advantage because apparently Medflags are crucial to providing glasses.

Dang it. I was going to run a Blindness aff and I have all the evdience and everything but the it's not a swubstanial case.

But I have heard about an oil case. Supposely, the US has to buy oil from from Africa and in return, the US will provide PHA to Africa.

It's really dumb and I can think of 15 arguments to run against it.

Also, Tsetse fly and tobacco are others that have been run. (Look for thread! :D)

Damien's Sudan (?) pharmaceutical manufacturing aff (at least that's what I think it was off the top of my head) seems really creative and fairly topical.

ummm i kinda saw that one comming...so much that i cut it and saved it until i found out Damien broke it...they eat me up inside...so much

Ahhhh

i totally forgot about stratford's aff!

who could forget RFID?

awwww ur so kind

Plan Text: The United States federal government should offer domesticated ungulates of the Bovinae subfamily to the people of the Maasai.

i love MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO paul.... mooooooooo is ccow for you

personally i think the affs that no1 has broken that i wish i could see are

1. stop african erectile disfunction...key 2 causing overpop...overpop key to killing the reptilian shapeshifters

2. fgm...i dont mean stop fgm or teach about it i mean plan...give them cleaner tools it solves aids from using the dirty ones and its key to continuing the practice which is key to patriarchy and of course patriarchy is very very good ask any gulliver girl debater

3. medical peace corps...i thought lazy ppl would still run this and loose because there stupid

4. kill all with aids...key to preventing them from spreading the disease

5. make terminator mosquitos to kill malaria

6. get rid of african kidney stones...impact is they hurt like a bitch...

7. a pure cholora is dehuminizing aff..because no one should crap themselves to death...its rly a terrible way to die

8. cure nuclear radiation poisoning in south africa...there are 82 ppl with it...

9. this one i only thought of recently because it just killed like 8 ppl in florida...mutated killer staff infection

10. finally...stop us peace corps ppl from fucking abroad...educate the peace corps ppl that rape is VERY BAD...because it hurts hege

• Downvote 1

i actually expected to see a lot more mental health affs this year.

weirdest aff i've heard so far though -- putting clowns into SSA to make people laugh more . . . i think the advantages were depression and disease.

i actually expected to see a lot more mental health affs this year.

weirdest aff i've heard so far though -- putting clowns into SSA to make people laugh more . . . i think the advantages were depression and disease.

Disclose a clown Aff, ROFLMAO.

I think it was Whitman that put out the Hippo affirmative. It basically says to quarantine all the hippo's in Africa because they kill "x" amount of africans a year and the WHO wants the hippos out of the way. Some team from Sam Barlow (oregon) had it at UOP. Endsley-Mills I think. And we hit compulsary licensing iprs and that was fairly unexpected.

And we hit compulsary licensing iprs and that was fairly unexpected.
IPRs was put out by quite a few camps I believe.