ldsk

Unexpected Affs

Guest svfrey

St stephen's has come up with a few critical cases that i was a fan of

like their zizek aff or the reparations aff they broke last weekend (date, anyone?)

other than the really far-left affs, nothing has really caught my eye....

its just the same thing round after round

all the good affs are either untopical of massively extra-topical

• Downvote 1

Do they claim conspiracy theory advantages in the 2AC, or are they serious?

Guest svfrey

yeah

in some other thread that got deleted, we were discussing head royce's aff

they do in fact, advocate that aids was created by the USFG to be used against blacks and homosexuals

so the have the CIA realease the cure for AIDS

not sure what the 2AC does, but it sounds like a pretty freak-deaky aff

I saw an aff talking about...ninjas.

Yes, you heard me right..NINJAS

Their plan text was to train professional ninjas and send them to SSA.

You know what their trademark was?

"The plan they never saw coming"

• Downvote 2

man thats nothing the novice team from our school ran a time machine aff once and a zombie cp with a aliens inslaving human race for a Da, they did that one twice and won with all 3 times

Malaria misdiagnosis is a hoss, I wouldn't have been able to beat it if their advantages hadn't been ripped from a malaria case. If anyone has any files on that neg or aff, particularly aff, I want them. I'll trade for them, please tell me if you have any.

People were talking about running an animals aff on cross-x last year, yet I never thought I would see it. But, the Treehuggers from WFI and other similar affs seem to be getting around.

Guest svfrey

Ahhhh

i totally forgot about stratford's aff!

who could forget RFID?

yeah

in some other thread that got deleted, we were discussing head royce's aff

they do in fact, advocate that aids was created by the USFG to be used against blacks and homosexuals

so the have the CIA realease the cure for AIDS

not sure what the 2AC does, but it sounds like a pretty freak-deaky aff

yeah i hit this aff. i seem to hit the weirdest affs ever

meadows. we went neg twice... and we hit irony and that contact theory that la costa runs

usc we hit aids conpiracy. as far as i know the 2ac isn't anything crazy.

marijuana is a legit aff!

Ahhhh

i totally forgot about stratford's aff!

who could forget RFID?

hahaha thanks for the recognition whiteboy

malaria with environmental securitization adv

and yes, they actually had "passing plan means congress no longer securitizes the environment"

tisk tisk, too bad they lost on impact turns

Guest svfrey
hahaha thanks for the recognition whiteboy

malaria with environmental securitization adv

and yes, they actually had "passing plan means congress no longer securitizes the environment"

tisk tisk, too bad they lost on impact turns

awww

no more "big pharma key to econ" advantage?

*sniff*

when did they break the environment security advantage?

This isnt an unexpected aff, but its an unexpected tactic...

Instead of saying DDT, there was a team who was using full name (Dichloro-Diphenyl-Trichloroethane) and the neg didnt realize they were talking about DDT, so they only ran PHA to SSA is useless.

Instead of saying DDT, there was a team who was using full name (Dichloro-Diphenyl-Trichloroethane) and the neg didnt realize they were talking about DDT, so they only ran PHA to SSA is useless.

The neg was just dumb in that round.

im sure they didnt tag all their cards with the full name, so, they definitely said DDT throguhout the 1ac/round. also, CPS does this in their plan (maybe that is the team youre referring to), and i dont think it is supposed to be a strat skew

telecommunications, have no idea what the plan is but someone in my district is running it. But this is not a really good aff apparently.

im sure they didnt tag all their cards with the full name, so, they definitely said DDT throguhout the 1ac/round. also, CPS does this in their plan (maybe that is the team youre referring to), and i dont think it is supposed to be a strat skew
I don't know why people don't seem to think that I understand what happens in rounds I WAS IN.

They used the full word EVERY TIME THEY SAID IT. Not just in their taglines. Not just in half their cards. Even in CX they used the entire word.

an unexpected aff may be dental care for africans

something about giving them sticks?

I've heard of a kind of stick called "swak", the fibers in it apparently help clean your teeth better than a toothbrush (I met a guy who uses them instead of a toothbrush, he got them from the middle east/north africa, a lot of people over there apparently use them, and he says when he goes to the dentist he never has any problems).

These might help:

http://www.blackwell-synergy.com/doi/abs/10.1111/j.1600-051X.1992.tb00449.x?cookieSet=1&journalCode=cpe

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sites/entrez?cmd=Retrieve&db=PubMed&list_uids=2088630&dopt=AbstractPlus

http://www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov/articlerender.fcgi?artid=172230

Now there's a team pissed about losing to Marcuse one too many times.

There's a team here in Montana that's running an energy aff, i guess it could be called. I don't think it's very good though. They use the AU teamed with peace corps to give 3 countries, i can't remember which ones, "digesters" which change human and animal waste products into biogas to use for electricity. It's a crazy case.

Blood Transfusions...well, we found out the night before and then it turned out they had a no show...woo..