Sign in to follow this  
homiejon69

Critical Camp

as a generall rule, utnif plan II is the only camp that's known for being critiquey, however, it's really easy to find out what camps are "critical." all you have to do is look at the lab leaders--if they were/are critical in college, then it will be critical. if they are coaches, look up their judge philosophies and see what they say.

Everything i know about the k, i learned from asher haig at UNT. he gives incredibly comprehensible and compelling lectures about a wide variety of critical goodness. julian gagnon also gave some sweet k lectures, where we'd watch a movie, then he'd use it to explain lacan. quite cool. their library is pretty condusive to k research as well.

Jason Regneir was at JEDI last year and he is very knowledgeable about critical literature. Though his lab last year was mainly full of traditional debaters, thus they didn't spend too much time on it.

UT Plan 1 or Plan 2

Brian McBride- was part of the team that ran the first kritik... ever.

Jairus Grove- this man is crazy good at anything related to biopower. He gave like a 3 and a half hour lecture on it, and covered everything anyone wanted to know.

Nate Gorelick and Ricky Garner- watch the final round at CEDA.. that should give you everything you need to know.

Paul Flaig- He debated at Northwestern for three years, and did tons of performance. He cut all critiques from what I remember last year at camp.

Alex More- although i do not think he is going to be there, he is the master of Zizekian based critiques. He was one of the first people to run the revolution in college, and has had amazing success with it.

Even though I did not name all the lab leaders at the camp, just remember one thing. All of them know both sides of debate. They all know policy positions, and some of them specialize in that stype of debate. However, there is no shortcoming in those who specialize in the kritikal aspect of debate at UT.