Mr. Muppet

Blue Key (October 25-28)

Guest fizelly27
thats unfortunate

lol y would that be unfortunate. And what are the gulliver teams runnin?

lol@ the neg rep

• Downvote 1

does anyone have a list of teams going

Well Ava registration isnt closed yet, but I have a feeling most Florida teams will be there, + Grapevine. I heard some rumors that a few Georgia teams might show although I'm pretty sure Calhoun wont be there because both the Calhoun coach and I would rather that our debaters debate and not run off and hold hands or some such nonsense. Ay Billy? :)

• Downvote 1

Well Ava registration isnt closed yet, but I have a feeling most Florida teams will be there, + Grapevine. I heard some rumors that a few Georgia teams might show although I'm pretty sure Calhoun wont be there because both the Calhoun coach and I would rather that our debaters debate and not run off and hold hands or some such nonsense. Ay Billy? :)

or because Calhoun will be at Westminster... haha.

Guest fizelly27
Matt, are you saying bluekey is a joke

looks whos calling the kettle black atleast it has a bid unlike some random fsu tournament

no you are just wrong. Despite the fact that blue key has judging far inferior to that of most bid tournaments, Matt was referncing to an inside joke that you know nothing of. And to make fun of the FSU tournament becuase it doesnt have a bid is just plain stupid. This was the first time the Greg Phifer tournament was held and in my mind, with its superior judging to blue key will one day in the near future surpass the FBK as the florida policy bid tourney.

and if this has poor grammatical structure i do not care for i am sick

no you are just wrong. Despite the fact that blue key has judging far inferior to that of most bid tournaments, Matt was referncing to an inside joke that you know nothing of. And to make fun of the FSU tournament becuase it doesnt have a bid is just plain stupid. This was the first time the Greg Phifer tournament was held and in my mind, with its superior judging to blue key will one day in the near future surpass the FBK as the florida policy bid tourney.

and if this has poor grammatical structure i do not care for i am sick

Speaking of FSU, who went this year?

wow wut a low blow, and yet at the same time you seemed to not be distracted when ali debates and you did a few more profane things then hold hands....

anyway jordan, we're fixing up our aff this weekend, but when thats done well send it over.

wow wut a low blow, and yet at the same time you seemed to not be distracted when ali debates and you did a few more profane things then hold hands....

anyway jordan, we're fixing up our aff this weekend, but when thats done well send it over.

Lol, ahh Leah.

the only profane things ive done are to PL's mom homie.

so it seems like this tournament, BK, is not exactly the most prestigious of all tournaments out there, going by whats been said in this post, how is the judging then honestly?

and are laptops allowed in round? for flowing purposes as well as reading evidence/overviews?

so it seems like this tournament, BK, is not exactly the most prestigious of all tournaments out there, going by whats been said in this post, how is the judging then honestly?

and are laptops allowed in round? for flowing purposes as well as reading evidence/overviews?

labtops=ok

and usually silber gets decent judges to go although i hear shes not running the show this year

Guest fizelly27
Grapevine...i'd say its a decent tournament. it gets a decent draw and is the largest FL policy tournament for sure. policy-wise the judging is decent with mostly former policy debaters and policy head coaches. they do allow laptops. Last year silber headed it up and i think a georgia policy coach.

As far as what people post about the tourney, take it with a grain of salt - people say stuff about every tournament. Plus, the 2 most avid anti-bk advocates are both affiliates - rosenblum coaches fizelly and is a second year out who's claim to fame is public forum not policy debate(http://www.nflonline.org/points_application/studentprofile.php?id=1133335) plus, him and his colleagues head up another tournament which has yet to even post the schematics for everyone to even see who even attended, yet still boasts what a great field and juding they had.

enough said.

this is kinda off topic but who are you?

this is kinda off topic but who are you?

I'm not ashamed of any of the events I did in high school (I had a lot of fun) and additionally am pretty confident in my abilities as a policy debater. Thanks for your concern dude.

Furthermore I think that many people have some legit qualms with the blue key tournament; however on the whole Marrissa does work hard to make it a pleasant competitive experiance. My argument is more that the people who run Blue Key have become complacent, and thus the quality of the tournament has depreciated. I talked to one of my assistant coaches about it this weekend (he used to debate for ft. laudy.) and he contended that the quality of the tournament used to be of a much higher caliber. Whether that is true or not I think the deficiencies of FBK are exemplified by their downgrade from a quarters to semi's bid in LD and a policy bid that is seriously in danger.

In any case the tournament is great fun, and I hope to see everyone there this coming weekend.

Cheers.