You'd need to tie it to your specific advocacy. If you're just looking for reasons its good to drop "fuck" randomly in policy debate, you'll end up at a loss.

Rajesh pretty much has this one down. dont say it, i dont know how many times i have seen people get called out for swearing in round. typically its the judge saying "i dont care, but you never know who your judge will be next" type of thing. at the first tournament of the year this year, i got docked a speaker point in round 4 for saying "shit" in my 2ar, i had a 29 instead of a 30, made me lose a speaker award, and 1st seed going into breaks, i was second in the end.

in finals at that same tournament, my partner said "shit" in his 2NC, and the same judge was judging us. in the end he voted for the other team because he was

a) "99.9% sure he was going to squirrel in doing so"

B) we didnt listen to what he had said earlier in the day

we won on a 2-1 in a good debate against Flower Mound, but if my partner and I had listened to him and not sworn, i think we wouldnt have the heart attack of having to wait for the 3rd ballot to come in.

If you are really worried about a criticism of your language, you should just try not to link to it.

Other than that, there will not be many, if any, cards justifying random use of the word "fuck." However, there might be cards that say we should not have a static interpretation of these taboo words, or that they can be used in positive manners. Those authors, though, advocate a specific use of the term, under particular circumstances. These cards do not necessarily justify your use of the term in the debate round, in most contexts.

Censorship bad arguably impact turns the kritik. You could go for theory arguments, also.

I think when you hit your own team (most of the nat circuit kids don't have to and I apologize because ITS FUN) but when we hit our own team its these kind of arguments that are always interesting! Fun way to brake the tension of a db8 tournament.

• Downvote 1

If you are really worried about a criticism of your language, you should just try not to link to it.

Other than that, there will not be many, if any, cards justifying random use of the word "fuck." However, there might be cards that say we should not have a static interpretation of these taboo words, or that they can be used in positive manners. Those authors, though, advocate a specific use of the term, under particular circumstances. These cards do not necessarily justify your use of the term in the debate round, in most contexts.

Censorship bad arguably impact turns the kritik. You could go for theory arguments, also.

I actually thought the Fairman article Synergy posted was pretty good on using "fuck" (both in the traditional and slangy definitions) to break the taboo of the word regardless of the situation (ie, in school, dictionaries, newspaper, radio etc.) - it could arguably be pretty pertinent in debate

I think phrasing Fairman as a counterK would definitely be a very compelling argument against any language K based on "fuck"

Long Beach ran this as a Fuck Good K -- the link was that the other team did not say the word fuck.

That is the best argument I have ever heard of.

I'm too lazy to actually get all the cards for this but if anybody has it in file form I would be very grateful if they could give it to me... PM ME if you want to trade for it.

• Downvote 1

Long Beach ran this as a Fuck Good K -- the link was that the other team did not say the word fuck. the evidence is specific to the legal/academic setting and says using the word fuck as much as possible is good and needed to break socially destructive taboos. It's disturbing to hear the suggestion that one should self-censor and give up personal liberty lest bad judges lower your "speaker points" in a fucking debate round.

Discussion on it here: http://www.cross-x.com/vb/showthread.php?t=963511&highlight=fuck

All cards from here: http://law.bepress.com/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=5152&context=expresso

"fuck jurisprudence"

thanks dude, your my new friend

Since that one closed, do you try to make the k that the aff does not say "fuck" so they are being discriminatory against people that do say "fuck"?

If someone told me I linked to their criticism because I didn't say fuck, I'd just call them a "fucking idiot" and counter-k with the fact that they haven't called anyone an idiot.

If someone told me I linked to their criticism because I didn't say fuck, I'd just call them a "fucking idiot" and counter-k with the fact that they haven't called anyone an idiot.

The counter-critique would be superior since frankness is also good.