Sign in to follow this  
Mr. Muppet

AFRICOM

So I've heard it in a lot of 1AC's as a preempt to, well, everything. I've heard AFRICOM good/bad (MEDFLAG and other military cases). What do you think about AFRICOM and its strategic value on this years topic.

THey kill China DA uniquness (not that is was any good anyway). If they are going to go to war with us about something, then it wouldn't be about aid, it would be about that.

I have an uber sweet Africom file. It's a trade-off disad, but plenty of China scenarios, and good aff answers. Hit me up.

• Downvote 1

It's not an "AFRICOM Aff" it's just many aff's using it to pre-empt in the 1ac, and negative teams using it in various ways.

AFRICOM solves Chinese aggression in Africa, silly.

I think it's sweet. I haven't seen the neg literature, but it seems like a tizzight case. Plus you can read hege.

No. I am saying that China DA unq. says that China/US relations are on the brink. If they where on the brink, that is what they would have gotten mad about. Not aid to Africa

No. I am saying that China DA unq. says that China/US relations are on the brink. If they where on the brink, that is what they would have gotten mad about. Not aid to Africa

Thats one of like....12 China DAs, if anything AFRICOM would help the uniqueness of some china da's because of the backlash it is creating

I can read...if the aff reads an africom advantage, then they are most likely conceding that United-States African relations are low now, which means china has the upper hand in resource/influence competitions in Competition. The aff is basically a guaranteed link because they claim to fix negative perceptions of status quo policies in Africa etc...

Sign in to follow this