Sign in to follow this  
extempreacher

[AFF] Africom/MEDCAPs?

I have been reading all of the "open" camp evidence about MEDFLAG/MEDCAP to try to figure this out. I have heard some people will run cases involving a MEDFLAG program and AfriCOM/Africa Command. A lot of neg evidence saying that MEDFLAG sucks has one reason being that they rely on EUCOM (Europe Command). Does anyone have a solvency card or plan text or something an affirmative using AfriCOM would read so I can get a clearer picture about this aff? Thanks.

MEDCAP is an individual team involved in a MEDFLAG mission.

AFRICOM is joint DOD-State Department command responsible for the administration of military and diplomatic operations in Africa, much like US Central Command for the Middle East. It was created in 2007. MEDFLAG missions are the responsibility of AFRICOM.

EUCOM is the European version of that.

If you need help understanding the concept of a Unified Combatant Command (EUCOM, AFRICOM, CENTCOM), try this- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unified_Combatant_Command.

Most evidence saying MEDFLAG missions are ineffective for relying on EUCOM probably don't assume the creation of AFRICOM. Prior to its creation, MEDFLAG missions were divided between CENTCOM and EUCOM, which were fairly isolated from the theater of operations (ie, Sub-Saharan Africa) and only a low priority in comparison to EUCOM's responsibilities for Europe and the former Soviet Union.

Any more questions, just ask.

Sign in to follow this