Sign in to follow this  
I_Hate_Policy

Internal Reform CP

Have African governments reform themselves.

Theoretically legitimate? Competitive? Your thoughts?

"internal reform"..."good governance" they both seem to be condition counterplans to me. a rose by any other name smells just as sweet

• Downvote 1

"internal reform"..."good governance" they both seem to be condition counterplans to me. a rose by any other name smells just as sweet

Not conditioning at all. The CP is fiating African governments making their own reforms, not being prompted to by the Western world.

Not conditioning at all. The CP is fiating African governments making their own reforms, not being prompted to by the Western world.

in that case its just A LOT of fiat.

uh not alot of fiat, just object fiat. clearly a bullshit counterplan, and additionally its probably not competitive. This is probably this most illegit CP short of "africans will stop having unsafe sex and transmitting diseases"

Guest svfrey

my thoughts exactly

please don't run this, its like the most abusive kind of object fiat i've ever seen; short of fiating that diseases will suddenly disappear from the continent...

Kerpen posted something about an internal reform CP that he ran some years ago that delt with China fixing its own human rights abuses.

His opinion would be nice.

Guest svfrey

no, its public health assistance

the direct object of the phrase "the united states federal government should substantially increase its public health assistance to SSA" is public health assistance.

you can't have a direct object in a prepositional phrase (like "to sub-saharan africa")