hyrulesavior

University of Texas Tournament

I do not know why it has not shown up on the joy of tournaments website maybe they are using different software now but some of my sources tell me that the UT tournament will still go on this year. Remember they did apply for a bid which means they will have a different for sure. I hear the tournament is going to be held Nov. 30 to Dec 1st.

There will be a tournament, and given we've used Joy of Tournaments the last few years, I see no reason why this year will be any different. Just wait a few more weeks.

do u mean like going maverick?

im not sure to be honest with you

or do u mean as not affiliated with a school? im sure they would as long as you covered all the costs possibly, thats a good question

The term Independent normally means traveling without a school sponsor or without a schools permission, not debating alone. Both times that I attended the UT Tournament they required you to be affiliated with the school you attend; so they will probably not accept truly independent entries. That being said you should email the tournament director and ask him/her specifically.

When the page on JOT says the tournament follows all TFA guidelines, does that mean its a TFA state qualifier as well as TOC bid?

And also, where does it generally break? JOT says triple octas...

When the page on JOT says the tournament follows all TFA guidelines, does that mean its a TFA state qualifier as well as TOC bid?

Yes. "TFA event rules will be followed. This is a TFA State Qualifier for member schools and a Tournament of Champions Qualifier."

JOT actually says doubles in CCX.

The Joy of Tournaments website it a reliable source, but even from my own experience at this tournament over the past few years, I would say that it will break to double-octafinals (32 teams).

Guest fizelly27
Yes. "TFA event rules will be followed. This is a TFA State Qualifier for member schools and a Tournament of Champions Qualifier."

JOT indicates that its a bid for LD and Congress not CX, but i could be rong

hmmmm i kno how to spell random neg repper. I chose to type in short hand

• Downvote 1

"The Longhorn Classic is a TOC qualifier in LD, CX, and Congress."

lol, it's a quarters bid in policy debate.

"The Longhorn Classic is a TOC qualifier in LD, CX, and Congress."

hahahaha

Do we know who's going to this tournament?

No, we don't.

its on JoT now. check with your coach, see if they can tell you.

JOT doesn't have a schools/team list up yet (recent as of 9:15 CST)