Sign in to follow this  
kelsinator

Lexington.. what to expect?

Hey everyone, I'm a novi and this is the first year that my team is sending debators to Lexington.. I just wanna know, if anyone here has had previous experience.. what should I expect? how does the debate work? I know the format and all, but what about elimiations.. and "award ceremonies" and food.. ack, if you can answer any of my questions or offer any advice, that would be greatly appreciated! Thanks! -Kelsey:wavey:

The debate tournament moves along, and you sort of figure out what to do. There's food. Sometimes we feed you, sometimes you buy it, but it's always around. Elimination rounds come after the preliminary rounds. The top seeded teams in prelimary rounds debate in a bracket, with each round eliminating half the teams. The award ceremony is just this thing. If you win cool stuff, you get called up, and get a trophy, and people applaud you, and it's awesome. If you don't, you watch other people get tropies, and applaud them, and that's pretty awesome, too. If you have more questions, IM me!

The debate tournament moves along, and you sort of figure out what to do. There's food. Sometimes we feed you, sometimes you buy it, but it's always around. Elimination rounds come after the preliminary rounds. The top seeded teams in prelimary rounds debate in a bracket, with each round eliminating half the teams. The award ceremony is just this thing. If you win cool stuff, you get called up, and get a trophy, and people applaud you, and it's awesome. If you don't, you watch other people get tropies, and applaud them, and that's pretty awesome, too. If you have more questions, IM me!

Another Lexington Tradition is to concede rounds to Weston and other Massachusetts teams, it's just an honor code. Thanks in advance.

-Buddy

:) Leo Zimmerman making me smile at 4 in the morning.

Another Lexington Tradition is to concede rounds to Weston and other Massachusetts teams, it's just an honor code. Thanks in advance.

-Buddy

Funny that Weston won novice policy, then. (They totally beat us in the final round, though.)

Captain Clueless, I believe the Emperor Buddy Khan was suggesting you have honorary MA status but apparently someone forgot to tell this to your Quarters opponents. :S:

-Buddy

Funny how you tell that to a Massachusetts debater. Too bad we didn't check this until after the tournament. ;)

u guys lost to edgemont? thats interesting. Wut round octos? also were u aff or neg wutd u lose on?

They lost on courts.