Sign in to follow this  
kelsinator

*Hot Potato* Your Best Cross X Questions

There are really no "great" generic cross-x questions anyone will be able to give you. the only way cross-x questions are good is if they are good within the context of the round. generic "what does plan do" or "how are you running kritik/counterplan/etc." questions usually don't get as much as specific stuff argumentally speaking.

unless you have 2nc T answers I would not reccomend doing the above on a team that is decent, because if they didn't cover somehthing, or get a new idea during cx, they can usually find a way to sneak it in there.

There are really no "great" generic cross-x questions anyone will be able to give you. the only way cross-x questions are good is if they are good within the context of the round. generic "what does plan do" or "how are you running kritik/counterplan/etc." questions usually don't get as much as specific stuff argumentally speaking.

qfa

I think the best questions come when the 2N reads the 1AC carefully, finds logical holes in it, and then gets the aff to make these concessions, or at least get them flustered trying to rationalize something that just doesn't make sense.

However, specifically here's a really good question, Tripp Rebrovick CXing Alex Twinem at the Glenbrooks about their ANWR uniqueness...

"Your uniqueness evidence is from ESPN. Is that the Entirely Sports Network?"

"Yeah. They have an energy policy section now."

Ever grill a team on predictability in C-X "what is predictable" "i didnt go to camp how would i predict that" "what if i predicted X, then is it topical" etc... anyways, is alot of fun.

Besides if they put "new" answers in in c-x that they tryed to extend in the 1ar, it wouldnt be hard to argue that answers in c-x dont count.

Worst cross-x question ever:

"Can you please restate your plan in your own words?"

1) looks like you clearly have nothing to say

2) gives Aff a major soapbox to wax lyrically about the case

Worst cross-x question ever:

"Can you please restate your plan in your own words?"

1) looks like you clearly have nothing to say

2) gives Aff a major soapbox to wax lyrically about the case

Yeah, no joke!

oh wait let me just give You more speech time- some new ads or even a harm or two, questiones such as thus need to perceived as long broad questions that could change and confuse the judge and/or db8ers. not real decisive Questiones that have a point.

If you legitimately have nothing to ask in c-x... then resorting to "what does plan do?" gives your partner more time to pull cards and you more time to think. That's how I look at it. Although I like to ask the aff status of plan. "How is plan passed" might be a good one, if you're not running a-spec.

Good idea if you're running a consult CP and they have a mulitlat advantage:

Why is multilateralism good?

---they list a whole bunch of reasons---

Then you run Consult NATO or whatever and claim to be more multilateral.

If you're consulting, ask if they think fiat means their plan is passed immediately.

i like CX questions about K's

is fiat illusory?

if yes, "y do we have to answer your DA's if we prove a strait turn on the K?"

if not then grill them on the mpx to the K and you get your 1ac mpx

what is the alternative and you can really twist thier words till it looks like shit.

bad CX questions

"explain everything you just read in your 1nc" esp. if you ran like 4 DA's and a case dump!

"how much does plan cost" i mean that shit is just dumb.

"So, explain your answer to *insert dropped argument here*"

The silence after that question is always priceless.