Sign in to follow this  
kelsinator

HOT POTATO NUMBER TWO - Cross X Questions

Anybody got some really great cross x questions?

They'd be much appreciated! =)

Thanks! Kelsey

There are not really standard pat c-x questions because there is not standard pat case. It varies each time, even with the same type of case you are not going to have the same questions. Some suggestions are to think about what their case is about. If something doesn't make sense, ask about it. If you don't understand plan ask them to explain it. But whatever you do, use as much time as possible without making it seem like you are using as much time as possible. That way you won't have to waste prep time getting ready after c-x, instead of using c-x to get ready while your partner is asking questions.

we ask very general questions in the 1nc, stuff like..why isn't plan in place now, how much will it cost, where does the money come from, how long will it take to solve, etc....questions before 2nc are used to get the aff cornered.......if you use cx time well, you can come up with killer neg strats

If your on the NEG try to get them to say something that either helps with a links story or a (T) violation. Also if you need something for a CP or critique. An example would be, let say one of your links to a DA was increasing PKers=(something really bad) then in cross-x you would make them say that they infact do increase peacekeepers. Dont waste time with stupid questions like what is your favorite color, because that doesnt impress any judges and is just a waste of time.

hope that helps any

A little off topic, I usually like to take some prep with my partner before we begin all cross-x's because then that allows that 3 minutes to be effectively used by your partner and you can also find out if there's anything they want you to get straight.

A little off topic, I usually like to take some prep with my partner before we begin all cross-x's because then that allows that 3 minutes to be effectively used by your partner and you can also find out if there's anything they want you to get straight.

I don't think you can use prep time before cross-x. At least not in Missouri.

whenever i've got absolutely no idea about what to ask in a cx, i just ask them general questions. but the maine point is to try and disprove them. make them regret their own words.

i just noticed your avatar, awesome_asian07! man, that's a classic movie right there! classic. penguin turning into a chicken. and the wrong pair of pants. brilliant.

BAD, BAD, BAD IDEA.

Don't ever use prep before CX. Waste.

Now, my advice:

ask Why? Even if it seems a trivial and obvious question, teams that don't know their shiz will flounder this question horribly.