Lynn C. Thompson

Nebraska 07-08

Northeast as in KC NE?

and.... 28 teams at Westside? Yikes..... :(

In other news.... I am up for hire for MN if anyone wants me. Scott, do you still need me for Westside?

• Upvote 1

28's not the final count. like scott said, most teams will register after the break.

Northeast as in KC NE?

and.... 28 teams at Westside? Yikes..... :(

In other news.... I am up for hire for MN if anyone wants me. Scott, do you still need me for Westside?

Yes Kansas City Northeast. They've been traveling some with KCC.

I'd expect to see a large increase in Westside numbers by the end of the week and registration doesn't even close until next Tuesday or Wednesday.

I'll know by Monday or so next week if I need to hire you Kappy. If I don't I'd bet Jenna Smith at Westside would hire you.

Scott Wike - Millard South Debate

• Upvote 1

Hey everyone. For those who don't remember me, hey. For those who do, hey. I hope that everyone is doing their best this year. Stamm, Tanner, email me sometime if you want. Good luck and all the best.

Allen

• Downvote 1

I would appreciate it if whoever is neg repping my team saying "Millard South Debate sucks," then signing it "Lilkappy" to stop. If you're going to leave a neg rep and you want to sign it, at least have the balls to sign your own name.

So I would like to apologize to anyone that has recieved a neg rep and would like them to know that it isn't me. I'm not on c-x enough to do anything but check posts in NE and KS threads.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

so im pretty sure its true... but i heard that Westside's administration fucked up and didn't fill out KSHSAA forms.. the tourney is losing at least 15 teams

so im pretty sure its true... but i heard that Westside's administration fucked up and didn't fill out KSHSAA forms.. the tourney is losing at least 15 teams

Hutchinson and Prairie Village are both signed up.

Here is the list as of 2:00 today.

Barstow

Acuff/David

Cedar Rapids Washington

Elsheihk/Cook

Fremont

Petersen/Nelson

Greenwood Laboratory

Frederick/Connor

Godwin/Milam

Hutchinson

Curiel/Allsup

Iowa City High

Bloom/Rocklin

Iowa City West

Reasoner/Ingram

Lincoln High

Frenzel/Specht

Millard North

Brake/Beatty

Shanahan/Dean

Fennelly/Rebolloso

Benker/Peterson

Millard South

Leach/Hawhee

Morgan/Kaplinger

Lee/Robinson

Workman/Claussen

Millard West

Markus/Adams

Newburgh Free

Kocherlakota/Bapodra

Shikari/DeMeio

Curtis/Cowen

Norfolk

Kyriss/Garder

Panda Independent (Bellarmine)

Dimitrov/Rice

Vijay/Deshmukh

Parkway Central

Maier/Schiel

St. Paul Central

Karim/Quam

Johnson/Quam

Johnson/Coleman

Shawnee Mission East

Mapes/Perbeck

Crist/Ringer

Moskowitz/Haynes

Ellerbeck/Cao

Sears/Halter

Raghuveer/Finke

Kennedy/Fager

West Des Moines Valley

Ellerbroek/Vemuri

Hogan/Reynolds

I saw that Gulliver Prep was signed up as a school to attend Westside. I assume in policy debate. Does anyone with a team list know which Gulliver teams are attending?

Hey, I just have a general question. After looking at an octo-final skim for NLD it said teams were "locked" what does that actually mean?

In policy (I don't know about LD, but I'd assume it's the same), when teams are "locked neg" (or aff) in elims, it's because they debated the same team in prelims and were aff (or neg) in that first debate.

following an unbelievably chance collusion of unfortunate incidents, i'll be in fremont next saturday (despite what i told most people and what i'd like to be doing). as such, if anyone needs a judge i might as well do that. expect frequent complaints and trips to the coffee house.

ah yes. for those not present on sunday, you missed one hell of an interesting finals round. in sems valley advanced over the other bellarmine team on baudrillard. turns out representations are bad. in finals the affirmative (bellarmine) didn't read any advantages, chosing instead to read a plan text and 7:50s of baudrillard preemtps. to everyone's surprise, the negative chose not to go for "you lose on presumption" and instead to read a japan CP w/o atttempting to claim a n/b, also T, aspec, and perhaps most surprisingly - baudrillard. the round was decided largely upon two competing claims of theory abuse stories, and was a 3-0 (timme, christensen, myself) for the aff from bellarmine.