Lynn C. Thompson

Nebraska 07-08

The name wouldn't help... that's why asked who are you instead of whats your name...

and idk.... i thought it might be interesting to find out a bit of my schools history.

I'm down with an MSHS history lesson. We can't "walk in the footsteps of those who came before and offer credit where credit is due" unless we know whose footsteps we're walking in and where the credit is due. Apparently there's a disconnect between MSHS debate as it exists now and MSHS debate as it was (since we clearly didn't know about those earlier bid-winners), but I'm sure those of us presently debating would be happy to find out that our school does, in fact, have some national success in its past.

Congrats to your team on a nice accomplishment, but understand they are far from first.

Well, despite the vague history lesson from, I'm still very proud of my team. On another note, is anyone else headed up to Blake this weekend?

Scott Wike - Millard South Debate

and idk.... i thought it might be interesting to find out a bit of my schools history.

I'm down with an MSHS history lesson. We can't "walk in the footsteps of those who came before and offer credit where credit is due" unless we know whose footsteps we're walking in and where the credit is due. Apparently there's a disconnect between MSHS debate as it exists now and MSHS debate as it was (since we clearly didn't know about those earlier bid-winners), but I'm sure those of us presently debating would be happy to find out that our school does, in fact, have some national success in its past.

guess I didn't think about all of those things... but, shit's cheesy. This discussion wasn't suppose to evolve past "congrats yall!"

i wanted to know the name because i may recognize it.

Dude(tte) graduated in '88. If you are a local Nebraska debate historian, I'm sorry.

On another note, is anyone else headed up to Blake this weekend?

Wisdom.

I know Lincoln High is sending David and Andy to Blake. The rest of the crew (and me) will be at Northstar.

Norfolk will not be going to Blake, though I doubt that is coming as a surprise to anyone. I don't think we've gone there for quite a while.

We will not be attending Northstar either, since it looks like only Millard West will actually be going for varsity policy. (According to my coach, they're the only team that has signed up as of now.) We'll probably send 2 or 3 novice teams there, but that's it. Michael and I will be doing extemp at the UNL Speech tournament. Exciting.

Dude(tte) graduated in '88. If you are a local Nebraska debate historian, I'm sorry

it's nigh impossible to debate under fred robertson and not become relatively familiar with names of olde.

I know Lincoln High is sending David and Andy to Blake. The rest of the crew (and me) will be at Northstar.

no shit? how did ya'll pull that off?

superbad sucks fwi

nope

If anyone is looking for extra cash, Lincoln Northstar needs policy judges for this weekend. Contact Alicia Boller at aboller@lps.org if you are interested.

Scott Wike - Millard South Debate

no shit? how did ya'll pull that off?

They suggested it a couple months ago and we just went with it. Our varsity LD'er is going with them as well. Should be good experience for all of them.

I'll be at Lincoln High.....and Superbad does not suck zack....

If you go to Lincoln High, nobody is going to be there. Tournament is at lincoln northstar this weekend.

Superbad decided to take the plot from American pie and apply it to nerds. Yes, there were funny parts in that movie, but that does not make a good movie. It dragged on, and jokes that should have taken 30 seconds lasted for 5 minutes. The characters in the movie were socially retarded. If you like it, then cool, however I tend to set the bar a little higher with the movies I enjoy.

IT'S 3AM, FINISHED MY LAST PAPER FOR THE SEMESTER. HOW GRATIFYING. WHY AM I ON C-X RIGHT NOW?