Sivispacemparabellum08

What Cases Are You Going To Give Your Novices??

It's almost that time of the year where we have to start writing (or together from camp files) the cases we will give the novices. I was just curious as to what the cases were you were going to be giving to the novices. I'm thinking I'll probably write them a DDT case, or maybe land mines. Let me know what the rest of you are thinking!

• Downvote 1

I give them the Paradigm Ev. My school buys explain to them the 3 most basic Aff's and the 2 most basic Da's teach them T and the rest is Trial and error... As far as specific Aff's go... I think Malaria/Gag Rule/ Water

• Upvote 1

I think novices should learn politics, it makes a lot of sense to them and helps get them involved in the activity.

Also, I probably will give them spending/aid tradeoff, maybe China DA seeing as how they will be running a China Aff

Our state tournes decide on cases that are allowed, so we will see. I think AIDS is an obvious case, maybe water and malaria. The probaly will be more but I don't know for sure.

When leagues decide what cases can be run... not meaning to change the subject or anything but what are everyones views on that? My league says you can run whatever you want... I think its better to let the teams run what ever they want because it takes atleast a few tournaments to get a team comfortable with an aff. When you tell the novices that they can only run these cases wouldn't it kinda kill the point of predictability on T. It literally takes T out of the round because they knew it was coming. I am not really sure what my views are. Anyone want to explain exactly how this is done and what they think about it?

Guest svfrey
Generic Drugs Aff, Politics. and Consult China.

I'm sure that's what you meant, kyle...

When leagues decide what cases can be run... not meaning to change the subject or anything but what are everyones views on that? My league says you can run whatever you want... I think its better to let the teams run what ever they want because it takes atleast a few tournaments to get a team comfortable with an aff. When you tell the novices that they can only run these cases wouldn't it kinda kill the point of predictability on T. It literally takes T out of the round because they knew it was coming. I am not really sure what my views are. Anyone want to explain exactly how this is done and what they think about it?

I see your point but I can see some of the league's rules been created so us Varsity people dont just give the novice our great evidence and other novice only programs are left in the dust. And perhaps if you league has 3 aff choice sthe novices can be made to run all of 'em to get better. peace

Gag rule would be educational and strategic for the first half of the year. They'll have fun trouncing agent-changing counterplans that their novice opponents will run anyway, and they might get into a few good case debates, which would be good for them.

On the neg, a spending disad and a WHO counterplan would be simple and solid.

Of course, it depends on your novices. Always give them positions they find interesting so they stick around for another year.

T isn't even givin in our league's novice packet (at least, it hasn't been since I've been debating). Besides, it's better for novices to learn the basics first. I think it should be only 3, maybe 4 Affs, case neg, and 1 or 2 DA's.

CP's can wait till the novices are comfortable with case and DA's. T will come to them by the end of the first year, and I think that novices should at least be familiar with the basics of a kritik. I hit three K's total my novice year. Beat 2, lost to one, but had no idea what I was doing.

Learn to crawl before you walk.

T isn't even givin in our league's novice packet (at least, it hasn't been since I've been debating). Besides, it's better for novices to learn the basics first. I think it should be only 3, maybe 4 Affs, case neg, and 1 or 2 DA's.

They gave out T packets on the UN topic. Out best aff response: Why would the League hand out Non-T affs?

Worked every time.

hahaha

Guest svfrey
I will excommunicate you if you give them Zizek.

seconded

we're giving them nietzsche, remember?

duh...

And maybe some drugs. If Petrini comes to the reunion.

Dude I'm so pissed petrini left.. he had to go and sell pot to half the school. Who else will sack-tap remillard and get his shit thrown out the window by mr. deedy?