kerpen

The Policy Agenda

What is the most important federal policy issue to you?  

856 members have voted

1. 1. What is the most important federal policy issue to you?

• Budget/Spending
    • Education
    • Health Care
    • Immigration
    • Iraq
    • Litigation
    • Social Security
    • Taxes
    • Terrorism
    • Trade
    • Other

gay rights It may not run the economy but it means a lot to me

i agree... gay rights would have to be the most important thing to me right now... heck, im going to a protest on monday,but i voted education since gay rights wasnt on there and other votes basically count as nothing.

i'd say that education is the most important thing on that list because yah, we're one of the best countries in the world, but our fore fathers were educated people... we would be no where w/o education AND it would be really nice to have a history teacher that isnt always stoned (not against the high part... just against the fact that you cant teach when you're stoned) and a math teacher that dosent teach like shit and a school building that has air conditioning... in the poor school districts they cut teachers and budgets every year... as the war spending goes up the education budget goes down. its a fact, my mom is a teacher and as inflation goes up, her pay check stays the same. i think that the war budget is the least important out of any of these because all of this war over a bitt of oil is dumb. america is turning into the reincarnated nazi germany.

THE MOST IMPORTANT ISSUE IS CAPATLISM, AND BIOPOWER-- WE ARTE SURVELLED BY THE GOVERNMENT-- WHY ISNT THIS THE MOST IMORTANT ISSUE? WE ARE ROBOTS OF THE STATE,THEY SEND US TO SCHOOL, TO WORK FOR CAPITAL, TO WORK FOR THE GOVERNMENT-- SINCE THE TOPIC IS ALL BOUT CIVIL LIBERTIES, WHY DONT WE GET OUR LIBERTIES BACK BY REFORMING THE STATE

• Downvote 1

We're the eminent economic, cultural, and military power in the world. I suspect we're teaching our kids just fine. In fact, I'd say we focus far too much on education. If we made access to capital for starting a business as readily available as student loans are, many people would be better off.

Very true, and very brilliant.

I think that the Israeli and Palestinian conflict is the top issue in my mind. I think with the death of Arafat and the rise of power of Abbas for a second time that there will finally be compromise on the Palestinian part. Sharon also has showed his support for withdrawal of Israeli settlements in the Gaza Strip and some in the West Bank.

I think that solving this age old conflict that a domino effect will be created in the Middle East and perhaps with the help of the United States and other Western governments finally their will be less anti-American/Western sentiment in the Middle East.