• Health Care
    • Agriculture
    • Energy
    • Central Asia
    • Immigration

OK sorry(says sarcastically) immigration

for the love of god spell love right!

this is a re-type of my previous message spelled right

These are the basic meanings of the Topics(to my understanding).

Health Care-basically the same as the resolution now except not dealing with Africa.

Agriculture-I THINK this has to do with like farming and things

Energy-self explanatory. how should we be making or using energy? coal, sun, oil, etc.

Central Asia-um i have no idea mabey just a random topic about CA

Immigration-the traveling of non-American citizens into the united states

I am from Latino descent so i really wanna do Immigration. i think this would be good for the resolution because that is really a BIG deal today. it seams like everyone is throwing fits on how we have to many (following comments are not meant to be insulting, just made up on the spot!) we have too many Asian people here. we have to build a wall because Mexicans are sneaking over the boarder, the black people(black people are sweet by the way) well just the same problems with them... this is a lot of what the media is saying. being Latino(those Latinos out there know what i am talking about) we have strong beliefs of culture. We think that family is a big deal. so if you leave japan to get a better job, you NEED to bring your family. but some people disagree! I really think that we should discuss this topic so that debaters can learn the true information of what is happening with immigration and not what the media is "programming us with"!

ALL STATEMENTS OF RACE PROBLEMS MADE DO NOT REFLECT MY OWN PERSONAL [/size]OPINIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you sound like a troll.

omg where is there a troll? dude i think you have that confused with harry potter!

P.S.i am just making sure you know i am not racist.

Ok, the theory expressed that the USFG should worry about other races immigrating is just ridiculous, we need to stop immigration along our southern border not because of their specific race, but instead because this is where the majority of illegal immigration occurrs. Lets just face the facts, if your talking about Japanese immigrants, its a heck of a lot easier to cross a river than an ocean.

seriously with this comming sets of topics most of them are all pretty terrible

1. The United States federal government should establish a universal health care system in the United States.

Clinton may fuck with the inherency if she wins elections, also its gonna b a rick ppl need there money vs. we should help poor ppl half the debates

2. The United States federal government should substantially increase alternative energy incentives in the United States.

Ummmm this topic is gonna b an exact repeat of the college 1 + the high skewl 1 because hgih lazy debaters at camps are just gonna get cites and recut affs. and even if they dont take care of all of them lazy skewls looking for good ideas will recut those afffs...weve seen this topic 2 many times 2 listen 2 it again...and on top of that im pretty positive that alternative energy incentives is not a term of art which is gonna piss ppl off..even more all you who vote for it because it was a kewl college topic need to cut ur own shit, i mean like original stuff, and find out how hard that is when a college cut it...even more the teams that would do the best are teams who had that class of coaches who debated the topic twice because they already know so damn much about it...its been talked about so much we need to put this topic away until we run out of ideas again.

3. The United States federal government should substantially increase its foreign assistance to one or more countries in Central Asia.

You thought public health assistance was a broad term...than you will love this topic. Public health is just one of 8 sub catagories under forign assistance...this entire topic could work but in central asia...the affs would be so broad and general we will all kill our selves...

4. The United States federal government should substantially decrease its restriction of immigration to the United States.

Being that im from Miami i think this resolution is so dumb it hurts..every person that calls themselves a K debater will love this because they think there derrida aff to help and include immigrants will b the shit but will loose that the K solves it better. And every policy debater will go for terminal uniqueness immigration is inevitable and some stupid advantage how were waisting to much money stopping it we should just benifit from it instead...and we will all LOVE to hear guest workers as the greatest CP...NOT

5. The United States federal government should substantially reduce its domestic agricultural subsidies.

This is my favorite all though it may sound dumb at first...for those of u who remember running fta and all those doha DAs on tix last year u probably know this one. wat stupid teams are gonna claim is like sugar econ advantages or things like that but the smart teams will look at the international aspects of domestic agricultural subsidies. which is...trade which from what iv read is a decent debate...also i like this because its rly not known at all and people should learn about new stuff not things they already know

but well c

well yes to sscaptin that is true...idk i just think the topic would be fun. immagration i think is fine and i would really like no not like LOVE to do it!! but you are right it doens't matter the race

race doesn't matter, geographical location does. I just wonder how many illegal japanese cross the US-Mexico Border. I believe of all the potential topics the Illegal Immigration would be the superior chioce though debates could potentially appear excessively racist, especially on the negs side.

very very true...ummm thats a toughfy... you know that is why doing this topic would be even better it would present the negative side with the difficulty of not being rasict. or... the neg could potentially pull a CP and call the aff rasict and do reject voter! but then again the neg woul present some type of plan saying that immigration is curropting our gov. and the aff would present somthing like the immigration is boosting our society and econemy

i think in conclusion it would be a very difficult topic provided much expirence for both sides aff and neg!

VOTE FOR IMMIGRATION!

lol

we need to put this topic away until we run out of ideas again
We're already there, unfortunately... :(
  • Upvote 1

the thing i dont like about immigration is people will b running a bunch of stupid K aff how we should reduce immigration restrictions and make everyone part of us...but borders is gonna always win that debate...even more the thing with immigration is it is a bad thing unless we make ppl immigrating benifit the US rather than just let them run in...like the guest workers program

Even I don't think I could stomach a year-long Borders K debate, just like (in retrospect) I wouldn't have been able to take Disease Securitization every round on Pandemics.

Just in....

health care Resolved: The United States federal government should establish a universal health care system in the United States.

alternative energy Resolved: The United States federal government should substantially increase alternative energy incentives in the United States.

• Downvote 1

regardless of college topics from years past energy would be a good topic for high school... even thought i wont be here, i will enjoy judging it and coaching it...

immigration would be easy but energy would bee fun same with central asia but in immigration there woul;dn't be very many diff. cases opr plans

Just in....

health care Resolved: The United States federal government should establish a universal health care system in the United States.

alternative energy Resolved: The United States federal government should substantially increase alternative energy incentives in the United States.

FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK are you for real...AHHHHHHHHHH...

well lets hope hilary doesnt win because than choice one will disappear

OR

we can go back and debate the most developed topic ever and not learn anything new...god im hella pissed

regardless of college topics from years past energy would be a good topic for high school... even thought i wont be here, i will enjoy judging it and coaching it...

yea i WAS a good high skewl topic...and it WAS a good college topic...but half of the topic is cutting ur own origional ideas...this means the crap is already sorted though and well hear the same 10 affs all year...toc wont even have that original ideas...GOD DAMN IT

/quote]

I doubt she would actually be able to get it passed since she'll likely be dealing with 47 republican senators.

And, since she wouldn't take office (if elected) until January 2009, it is very unlikely it would happen before the end of the debate season.

Every year people complain about the new topics. They usually turn out fine.

/quote]

I doubt she would actually be able to get it passed since she'll likely be dealing with 47 republican senators.

ummm SCHIP disproves...BIG health care bill passed and almost overrode...the veto...without a fiscally conservative pres it would have passed

And, since she wouldn't take office (if elected) until January 2009, it is very unlikely it would happen before the end of the debate season.

Every year people complain about the new topics. They usually turn out fine.

ummmm debate season doesnt end

Unfortunately, I am also saddened by the communities desire to regurgitate topics/resolutions. But, I will now start preparing my energy files...

[ummmm debate season doesnt end

How long do you think it would take to pass legislation that would radically change how health care is paid for in America? Do you think Hillary takes office in January, snaps her fingers, and it's done? Perhaps you've run a lot of XO counterplans and think government really works like that.

There would be months of hearings. The health insurance industry is a $775 billion per year business. It's just possible that Aetna, MetLife and the Blues have some political clout in Congress. And, as important as health care is, her first months in office may be dominated by that little thing over in Iraq.

How long do you think it would take to pass legislation that would radically change how health care is paid for in America? Do you think Hillary takes office in January, snaps her fingers, and it's done? Perhaps you've run a lot of XO counterplans and think government really works like that.

There would be months of hearings. The health insurance industry is a $775 billion per year business. It's just possible that Aetna, MetLife and the Blues have some political clout in Congress. And, as important as health care is, her first months in office may be dominated by that little thing over in Iraq.

DUDE HEALTH CARE IS HILLARY'S TOP PRIORITY or very high up there...she even said that post-SCHIP veto

• Downvote 1

Would that be the same top priority that it was in the early 1990s? Seriously, it is incredibly difficult to make the kind of changes that universal health care would require. Opponents would only need 41 votes in the Senate to block it. Hearings are going to take a long time. And there are a lot of very rich corporations who do not want to see health care changed.

Call me cynical, but I just don't see how that can happen in six months, whether it's Hillary's top priority or not.

Unfortunately, I am also saddened by the communities desire to regurgitate topics/resolutions. But, I will now start preparing my energy files...

well, seeing that 3 of the 5 topics are reguritations of high school resolutions in the past 15 years, and the central asia topic, though nice in principle, is not a very good debate resolution. it was kinda obvious that we were gonna see at least one of the regurgitated ones among the final two.

although i would have been happy with ag.

universal healthcare will seriously compromise the future of american's health and well being. i pray it never comes to fruition. i am perfectly happy with a system which subsidizes healthcare for the impoverished but asks the people with means to purchase their own health insurance.

i have VERY good insurance and it doesnt cost me an arm and a leg... only about 2K per year, and all generic prescriptions are free.

and the response to my post had better not be "healthcare is expensive" because that is about the most uninformed response ever - it shows you have no knowledge of why it is expensive.

universal healthcare will seriously compromise the future of american's health and well being. i pray it never comes to fruition. i am perfectly happy with a system which subsidizes healthcare for the impoverished but asks the people with means to purchase their own health insurance.

i have VERY good insurance and it doesnt cost me an arm and a leg... only about 2K per year, and all generic prescriptions are free.

and the response to my post had better not be "healthcare is expensive" because that is about the most uninformed response ever - it shows you have no knowledge of why it is expensive.

I disagree completely, Ankur. You have very good insurance because you work for a large employer, you are young, and I presume, healthy. If you worked for a small business or were self-employed, and had health issues, you would find a completely different situation.

This isn't a question of subsidized versus unsubsidized care, in my opinion, it's about the effects of government and large corporations on the market.