Synergy

Camp Backfiles

The link in the OP already includes the Spartan 3 week files.

The link in the OP already includes the Spartan 3 week files.

oh ok sorry i thought someone said that it was samford

Will someone post UNT, Michigan 7 week, or UTNIF?

and 7 week is not done

I put WFI in the OP. Any other links people post I'll put there as well! Thanks for helping out guys!

How do you plan on getting the camps that have not come out with if you post ALL the camp files on here... most of the answers are going to be well they will be nice and just post them... I hate to brake it to all of you but the world doesn't work that way... sorry.... not everybody is that nice. So I just want to say this is a horribble idea and will end up costing all of us more evidence than it is providing

• Downvote 1

If all evidence from every other camp has already been posted for free, people have no incentive to keep evidence to themselves.

Besides, all it takes is one person to leak evidence from a camp and it becomes posted freely within a few days/weeks. Every camp gets posted here for free every year. Why the worry?

Well as I said in the OP (may have gotten edited out--), not every file is posted immediately. People hang back on the more valuable stuff they have to trade for "new stuff coming out," but the stuff that's already been traded around for a couple of days ends up on here. So even though WFI and GDI Wave 2 and UNT are all up (and those came out recently), they sort of lost the initial flurry, and there are still other camps that no one has posted to trade.

I received a couple complaints, so I removed CNDI and UNT from the original post.

When I download the cndi files, my computer says that they are corrupt. I have tried it a few times and every time it says the same thing. Is just my computer or are the files actually messed up?

When I download the cndi files, my computer says that they are corrupt. I have tried it a few times and every time it says the same thing. Is just my computer or are the files actually messed up?
I think I had the same problem when downloading the second file.

I think it may unfortunately be your computer, it works on mine

Do u realize camps usually charge money for their files and additionally ever think the people who produce these files at camp wouldnt want them shared so that they could have a strategic advantage next year? UNless you consulted the people who made each file I think its kind of wrong to just share it openly.

• Downvote 3

Do u realize camps usually charge money for their files and additionally ever think the people who produce these files at camp wouldnt want them shared so that they could have a strategic advantage next year? UNless you consulted the people who made each file I think its kind of wrong to just share it openly.

there's a problem if one's strategic advantage is a camp file

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

OMG quit freaking crying... go to the actual thread where you can cry about this openly.. most likely, the people who upload these files went to that camp and they are giving the ok... sorry the last time i checked any camp file, they has never been a copyright on them...

I think these files should only be traded sharing openly is completley not cool. It takes away from the work that people do for evidence pools and things. It allows people who do not even give their files to freely download any files. In my opinion it is giving evidence to people that do not deserve it. It isn't right to just freely give away these camps evidence that people worked on. There is my statement you can all say chill out all you want but really it is all of you that need to open your eyes and see what you are doing

• Downvote 5

Kids, stop complaining

Camp evidence trading has been going on since evidence has been produced electronically. All campers, staff, and directors know their evidence will be distributed and it isn't a big deal.

Camp evidence is low quality. The evidence that is roundwinning and original at the end of the year comes from your own research.

Evidence sharing is good. It lets people know what is being run, allows you to supplement your own files with needed cards, and helps smaller or otherwise disadvantaged squads have an easy evidence access point.

Even if it is not openly posted it will get to nearly all of the people who want it via aim, email, or some other mode of exchange. This just makes it easier.

Promotes equity in debate. If we all have an equal starting point, it lets kids that do their own hard work get further ahead, and those who don't do that hard work get what they deserve.

Violates no copyright laws - camp evidence is not privately owned nor is it copyrighted.

Violates nobodies hard work or money - the evidence is usually produced by a group of people, and their money wasn't spent just on the 3 files the kid produced while at camp - the money spent on camp goes for the instruction in terms of debate and general topic knowledge.

Evidence pools can still exist - get a group of 5 trusted kids that want a unique file and do your own work and don't have anyone trade it. Problem solved.

Evidence leaks are inevitable - people in the community have case lists, disclose arguments, and talk about unique positions that they see and collect cites to these positions if their good - the evidence will get out.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2