shreethebsmaster

Schmitt K/Counter-K

Just curious, what are some debate friendly responses (cites/book and article titles/author names would be good) against Schmitt?

Agamben is always the best answer, because he assumes a very similar theoretical framework but draws different ontological conclusions. Be careful you don't link though.

Just curious, what are some debate friendly responses (cites/book and article titles/author names would be good) against Schmitt?
Hannah Arendt. Especially authors that compare her to Schmitt

Agamben is always the best answer, because he assumes a very similar theoretical framework but draws different ontological conclusions. Be careful you don't link though.

Read the thread, I made some arguments already why you would start behind in that debate. Not to say someone skilled in running Agamben, or just a damn good debater, wouldn't be able to win that debate, just saying that you'd start behind. Seriously, it's in the thread already.

but that means for dissent to stay within the juridical order. I think what agamben is proposing via Benjamin is to find a way-out of the dialectic of nomos and anomie. or is that too much d-z remix of agamben?

BTW, so I am re-reading the ending corollaries about nomos as the end of The Nomos of the Earth, and Schmitt points out in passing how Herodotus, Xenophon, and Plato all use a-nomia to describe tyrants. (p. 338).

Cool, huh?