Sign in to follow this  
Longhorn4Life929

[ AFF ] Child Soldiers

so i was researching Child soldiers and it's REALLY sad. I just thought i should share this article. I just wish when people run an affirmative case then they actually "try" to change the SQ. :rolleyes:

Girls are also the victims of child soldiers. In Algeria, a young woman from one of the villages where massacres had taken place said that all of the killers were boys under 17. Some boys who looked to be around 12 decapitated a 15-year-old girl and played ‘catch’ with the head.

yeah, we should not actually "try" to solve aids though, and not give a "hell of a speech" because it is only "medium" sad, and not "REALLY" sad.

• Downvote 3

so i was researching Child soldiers and it's REALLY sad. I just thought i should share this article. I only wish when affirmatives run this case, that they Seriously give a hell of a speech to change people's mindsets of child soldiers. I just wish when people run an affirmative case then they actually "try" to change the SQ. :rolleyes:

Girls are also the victims of child soldiers. In Algeria, a young woman from one of the villages where massacres had taken place said that all of the killers were boys under 17. Some boys who looked to be around 12 decapitated a 15-year-old girl and played ‘catch’ with the head.

While in some ideal extreme leftist protesting world this might be true- let's face it, we just want the ballot. Seriously- when I ran Gitmo on the civlib topic I was pissed every time the UN or Red Cross did something to fuck with our internal link scenarios to our advantages...it just proves the point that your world doesn't exist, even the people who DO advocate change are only after the ballot...

• Upvote 1

There really are no words for how awful the situation is. What you should do is start to network outside of debate and set up a demonstration, or a documentary showing, or something. Debate is a great forum to begin activism, but it is NOT a good forum to ever consider the end product of activism.

If you want help with ideas or anything, just let me know. I run an organization that focuses on crises in Sudan, the DRC, and northern Uganda.

yes, this is really sad. but in debate, by showing how sad the situation is wont win you a round (unless theres a really lay judge). in debate you have to debate the side you are given (obviously). so with all due respect, take this sadness issue somewhere else.

well i understand that debate is a game and activity for people but i was thinking maybe just maybe that a wee bit more people would take that one step forward to actually help. Also i'm not saying that AIDS isn't bad. Its worse than Child Soldiers but i just thought this article was a good example. I'm just begging people to be "less Focused" on the wins and actually concetrate helping these people out. I can't find this article anymore but it talked about the only way of helping Africa is by the citizens itself helping the Africans out one by one. Its just something to think about ;)

P.S. Omscorpio your ignorance links right into what i'm talking about. Everyone is SO focused into wins. I'm not saying thats bad but people should actually change that mindset and be more focused into helping people. Maybe it was the Framer's Intent;)

Sign in to follow this