brorlob

Feminism?

the problem is that it is STILL a bad idea.....you're view is just another elitist debater who would rather sit and critique rather than take pragmatic action.

What? How does calling something Female Genital Cutting detract from a pragmatic solution to the problem of non-consensual cutting?

The case could be good were it something like providing sanitized methods to preform FGM/C instead of trying to just ban it. How hard do you really want to link to imperialism?

worrying about a single word is kinda distracting....dontcha you thing?

No...it creates a meaningful distinction to reach a pragmatic solution, as opposed to an essentialized response to a non-essential criteria of FGC.

Feminism? July 12th, 2007 11:11 AM you're a douchebag for liking fem...

thanks kyle haley for being wise beyond your years.

Maybe that's why I'm such a great debater. And I neg repped you at exactly 11:11, maybe just another reason why I'm so good?

• Downvote 2

i am gonna go ahead and call this fight.

in the fight between the guy in blue shorts, rob from emory, and everyone else in a giant moomoo, the winner is rob by knockout.

rob makes some excellent points. none of the rest of you are responsive. game set match.

No...it creates a meaningful distinction to reach a pragmatic solution, as opposed to an essentialized response to a non-essential criteria of FGC.

a meaningful distinction on whether or not a six year old consented to have her vagina mutilated?

A somewhat apt parallel to this situation can be drawn with male circumcision in American culture; many doctors in Western Europe think of it as an outdated relic of Judeo-Christian tradition and completely unnecessary. I don't think that many men mourn for the non-consensual removal of their foreskin, either..

Just so everyone is clear, I'm speaking more for the cultural relativity of the situation as opposed to the general idea. There are many kinds of FGC, and I'm not necessarily defending the most controversial kinds.

I do every day :sob:

This may be true, but when they run "feminism", we pull out our 21 point block and get angry haha.

if its so bad, why do you need that much on it, and, the length of your block doesnt make it a bad argument

This may be true, but when they run "feminism", we pull out our 21 point block and get angry haha.

I'll try to make it a point to have a Feminism round with you two sometime this year, if Hunter will let me.....It shall be fantastic! You can have your block and my 6 new m-pact scenarios in the 2NC. It will be a throwdown!