Sign in to follow this  
SPREZZIDENT

post here about camp success [or lack thereof if you wish]

according to my sources, which are admittedly far from perfect, yesterday at KU, aquinas wondrack/clark won the three week tournament and manhattan bolton/ellis beat topeka ebeling [maverick] in the two week final round.

home turf has proven to be as helpful in debate as it has in arrowhead stadium over the past couple weeks. perhaps even better, considering it's won some playoff rounds...

I don't find Bolten/Ellis's win surprising. Considering that both of them were at NFL's this past summer in debate AND broke well past round 6 as well as getting high speaker ratings, this is really a hybrid team that will do well next year (hybrid in the sense that the antics of Andrew 'Asinine' Jack and Pat Lin have left us).

i didn't find either of those two teams' presence in finals surprising. what i found surprising was that, by all accounts i've heard, it was a slow round. conversational pace. i've seen peter ebeling in several rounds and he is not normally conversationally paced...not even with a lay judge in the back of the room

I'll post how the Kansas teams at UNT do during the tournament next week. We have some representation from Emporia, Shawnee Mission East, and Shawnee Mission West if I remember correctly.

Well Im with Avi Munoz (Kelly O'Quinns partner from last year) who goes to school at Churchill in texas for the UTNIF tournament. Theres also jeaneatte from WaRu here as well. I will keep you all updated.

I was able to eat 6 chicken fingers at Mrs. E's. Deskboy was time keeping a few rounds and was able to eat the mystery meat. Of course, he's sick these days.

Correlation?

McPherson's Nathan Holthus and Max Goering (going to be sophomores) were in the finals at Missouri State.

• Downvote 1

McPherson's Nathan Holthus and Max Goering (going to be sophomores) were in the finals at Missouri State.

Yeah, the finals round was pretty fun (and they were good...if they'd gone for the K, Joel and I would have been sunk)...but not nearly as fun as quarters or sems for me. Those were some fun 1ARs....

Yeah, props to the Mac team. Its good to see others rising out of west kansas that dont see the K as the godless enemy of all debate. With that coaching they should do well. Keep it up and help change the kind of debate that comes out of WKNFL!

perbeck/mapes dropped in finals of the miami 5-week senior scholars tournament.

mapes was 2nd speaker.

perbeck was 10th speaker.

awesome.

i expect updates on you two throughout the year somewhere in the kansas forums or facebook because i don't check the national circuit forum.

ever.

kthx

Danielle Lipsman/Patrick Kennedy-Sems GDI Scholars Tourney

Sarah Weiner/Ashley Morgan-Won the Scholars

Sarah- 2nd Speaker

Patrick- 3rd Speaker

• Downvote 1

I've been told that Karen Lickteig from Wichita East dropped in semis and was 6th speaker at Miami.

yeah karen did very well i posted the semis results on the miami thread.

karen went 5-1 in prelims and droped in Semis to the Team that won the tourny. and was 6th speaker.

Drew Thies from ONW went 4-2 and missed breaking by speaks.

Ross Ringer from SME went 4-2 in prelims and Droped in Quarters at wake.

Lolz. Going undefeated and breaking top seed at JDI and then dropping in octos on framework. I now have an anger management problem. No, seriously, I do.