debatetitan

Best [AFF] for SSA?

And the most solid aff for SSA is....  

93 members have voted

1. 1. And the most solid aff for SSA is....

• Solve AIDS
    • Curruption
    • Malaria
    • Genocide monitoring
    • Clean Water
    • Reverse the Global Gag Rule
    • TB
    • Debt Relief
    • Male Circumsision
    • FGM
    • Other

Claims that a certain Aff can have critical advantages really aren't that compelling. On this topic, ethics claims will be a standard part of most affirmative cases.

Call me crazy, but I can see a Development Aff working nicely on this topic. Now, before you start yelling and screaming that it links to every Development/Colonialism K out there, it doesn't stand alone as linking to those. Plus, if you're going to link to a development K, you might as well have built in turns in your advantages. If you win Development Good, you've won that part of the debate.

End Strength linked right into Militarism last year, but it was still successful.

The point I'm trying to get to, I guess, is that if an Aff charges head on into most generics, then it stands a better chance of beating them.

Oh yeah, and the AU can't do it :rolleyes:

Isn't it FX-T AND Xtra-T?

And water got my vote to because that and the fact that it can grab such huge advantages, critical ones, and alot of ghreat policy ones that have huge impacts. And it is pretty much undeniably topical.

it may not be topical, and any international actor solves

what about MEDFLAG and China bashing

Remember, I don't know plan texts or anything. But just the fact that you are allowed to be extra T is reason enough to vote you down on abuse

Remember, I don't know plan texts or anything. But just the fact that you are allowed to be extra T is reason enough to vote you down on abuse

Blanket statements like this just don't work. People have won while having extra-topical plans.

Plus, it comes back to the standards. There's no unique abuse. Plus, if one of the most generic kritiks on this topic is Development, then the Neg probably doesn't have much room to argue this case's illegitimacy.

• Upvote 1

Blanket statements like this just don't work. People have won while having extra-topical plans.

Plus, it comes back to the standards. There's no unique abuse. Plus, if one of the most generic kritiks on this topic is Development, then the Neg probably doesn't have much room to argue this case's illegitimacy.

just because you don't link into a generic K doesn't mean you are not abusive. You don't link into development solves, not PHA. SO negs will run this. you also don't link into poverty key issue.

What does everyone think are the best affs put out by the camps so far? Not regarding specifically the types of affs (Gag Rule, Water, etc.), but which camp and which of their affs.

What does everyone think are the best affs put out by the camps so far? Not regarding specifically the types of affs (Gag Rule, Water, etc.), but which camp and which of their affs.

I think the best files put out this year is by far GDI...

• Downvote 1

the successful and popular ones at DDI were Zimbabwe, Refugees, and Reparations

And water got my vote to because that and the fact that it can grab such huge advantages, critical ones, and alot of ghreat policy ones that have huge impacts. And it is pretty much undeniably topical.

I actually lost to Topicality with a Water Aff

What do you think is the most solid Aff for the SSA topic?

Sory, i forgot to put Family Planning under the poll....i guess that is what the other will be then besides the critical aff's like Becoming african and that other stuff. And i forgot the TOP aff to...so i guess that wiollbe under other aswell.

Other=critical aff's, TOP, Family Planning, crazy affs that no one will run after they make it and lose all thier rounds on, anmd i forgot about the health care training ones and infrastructure, and the ones Tomak said, and food aid.

sry i forgot soo much.

I hate "solid" affs, but now country specific cases are strong