South-X

Are the Spurs an NBA Dynasty?

Now that they have completed their inevitable victory of their fourth title in 9 seasons, sports media everywhere has decided to fill the time between now and the NBA draft with talk of how great Duncan, Duncan/Popovich, and if the Spurs are a dynasty (due to the Finals being terrbily boring, so no headlines to talk about there.

Unfortunately for the Spurs the bar for being considered an NBA dynasty is very high. With the Celtics winning eleven in thirteen right off the bat (and even the Minnesota Lakers winning 5 in 6) 4 out of 9 isnt that impressive. Heck there is a mini dynasty (Shaq/Kobe Lakers) in the middle of the Spurs supposed dynasty. I would only give the Spurs the title of dynasty if they can string together one or two more titles in the upcoming years. That would make it 4 out of 6 or 5 out of 7 which is much more impressive than 4 out of 9. For those keeping track 4/9= 44 percent. Compared to the Bill Russel Celtics at 85 percent and MJ's Bulls at 83 percent or even the Shaq/Kobe Lakers at 75 percent (For the record I dont consider Shaq/Kobe Lakers a Dynasty, but they do have a better percentage of winning titles) So go ahead and chime in and add your qualifications to what an NBA dynasty is, and if you think the Spurs are one or not, or you could just say you agree and save everybody time.

yes, i would say the spurs are a dynasty.

by winning four championships in a ten year period, they join only three other teams that have done so. boston celtics, chicago bulls, and the los angeles lakers. personally, i would consider the celtics, bulls, and lakers dynasties. the spurs deserve to be grouped in the same category as those three other great teams, and so yes, i would say they're a dynasty.

The Spurs are my favorite team in the NBA and have been since Tim Duncan started playing there. But until they win a couple of championships in a row, I can't consider them a dynasty. I would say that they are probably the most consistent team the NBA has ever seen. They are a favorite to win the title every year.

The Spurs are my favorite team in the NBA and have been since Tim Duncan started playing there. But until they win a couple of championships in a row, I can't consider them a dynasty. I would say that they are probably the most consistent team the NBA has ever seen. They are a favorite to win the title every year.

What are you talking about they have won qutie a few championships with the same players on there team. Maybe not back to back but there championship years are pretty close to each other and there all stars are still on the roster. I would have to say yes they are dynasty. I dont know if they will be remembered as one of the greatest dynastys because they played so much defensive basketball however I still think that given there success they can be classified as one.

The Spurs are the team of intangibles. The whole is greater than the sum of the parts. Selfless play, great passing, few unforced errors - a credit to their own level of play and the coaching.