Sign in to follow this  
l33t357

Service Learning Case Strat

On LSA, the text is establishing compulsory service learning curriculum in preservice teacher education

the common advantage is racism, the lesser is human rights

Depending on your judges, you could run fiat T on the fact that such a plan involves fiating state governments to establish education policy...the trick is pre-empting the 2AC's inevitable "USFG will coerce states by threatening to withhold money" argument by saying that the aff cannot guarantee that, so they are untopical.

It might not work, so see how open your judge is to theory.

Depending on your judges, you could run fiat T on the fact that such a plan involves fiating state governments to establish education policy...the trick is pre-empting the 2AC's inevitable "USFG will coerce states by threatening to withhold money" argument by saying that the aff cannot guarantee that, so they are untopical.

You could use the elastic clause to justify it, I mean, the implementation is not something a judge will necessary buy as an argument. Either way, you wouldn't run this as a topical argument but rather a procedural argument, like perhaps being unconstitutional.

You need to be able to substantially prove the harms, though, and that's the real problem. If the aff gets up there in the 2AC and says your economy DA doesn't apply because only one state will implement it, then you have a story. But if they defend all states implementing the plan, then what's the abuse? Look at NCLB. Basically all of the states are attempting to follow its mandates, which proves that this sort of coercion does work, even if it's not "theoretically" guaranteed.

what is FIAT T and what word does it define....

ya man i heard one of those monticello teams dropped to that FIAT T...its a bitch

i mean the statism disad is always a good choice

I'm not particularly familiar with this version of the SL LSA aff, but CPing to fund whatever SL they fund in another country is always an option. NB ptix, w/e.

Someone tell me if I'm totally off--like I said I don't know this particular case

I'm not particularly familiar with this version of the SL LSA aff, but CPing to fund whatever SL they fund in another country is always an option. NB ptix, w/e.

Someone tell me if I'm totally off--like I said I don't know this particular case

thats an NFLs strat right there.

im thinkin FIAT T is still choice...

that makes absolutely no sense

I think he means a counter plan like have China fund LSA at whatever level the aff specifies in the plan text. It still doesn't make much sense

iran funds the plan, adventurism NB

• Upvote 1

no guys, sorry that wasn't clear

plan text: have US fund service learning

CP: have Canada fund service learning (like for canada--there are comparable organizations in canada and the UK to LSA, not have foreign country fund for US)

Generally the solvency ev isn't specific to the US obviously--it's just like service learning engages people, gets them involved in the "political," helps break down racism w/e

CHINA WHY CHINA....

HERES A LIST OF 5 GREAT ORGANIZATIONS THAT CAN FUND

INDONESIA

ZOO LOO NATION

the great nation of BADISSIE

Uganda

PHSSL

CHINA WHY CHINA....

HERES A LIST OF 5 GREAT ORGANIZATIONS THAT CAN FUND

INDONESIA

ZOO LOO NATION

the great nation of BADISSIE