Guest silvermdc1

NFL Nationals

incorrect- they dropped a ballot to one team, i forgot their names...maybe newman? they run agamben alot...

:edit: well i guess that doesnt necessarily count as a textbook "defeat", but since theres only 2 ballots prelims, they split, rather than winning.

the results are online:

http://www.nflonline.org/uploads/NationalTournament/2007results.pdf

and according to the results - GBN won all 12 ballots in prelims and all 3 ballots in each of their first 7 out rounds (7-13). They then won on a 3-2 in semis (rd 14) and 7-4 in finals - so they only dropped 6 ballots out of 49. That's gotta be a record.

Matt and Stephanie - congratulations on a great tournament.

Sarah and Andrew - hope you enjoyed the tournament and all the great people you met this week. It was real special for a lot of people, as I'm sure you'll find out, over and over, in the weeks to come.

First and foremost, congratulations to Matt and Stephanie. I saw those two twice this weekend and they were astonishingly talented and obviously deserve everything they've accomplished and more.

That said, barely do words exist to congratulate SMW on their weekend. I had never met either Sarah or Andrew before Tuesday, but the two of them took my friends and I in to their family of coaches, teammates and so on and let us help be a part of an extremely special occurence. Andrew was right before finals - the way Kansas came together to support those two was something I had also never seen before. For people I have known for only four days, I am immensely proud of them.

First and foremost, congratulations to Matt and Stephanie. I saw those two twice this weekend and they were astonishingly talented and obviously deserve everything they've accomplished and more.

That said, barely do words exist to congratulate SMW on their weekend. I had never met either Sarah or Andrew before Tuesday, but the two of them took my friends and I in to their family of coaches, teammates and so on and let us help be a part of an extremely special occurence. Andrew was right before finals - the way Kansas came together to support those two was something I had also never seen before. For people I have known for only four days, I am immensely proud of them.

QFA

and according to the results - GBN won all 12 ballots in prelims and all 3 ballots in each of their first 7 out rounds (7-13). They then won on a 3-2 in semis (rd 14) and 7-4 in finals - so they only dropped 6 ballots out of 49. That's gotta be a record.

I could be very wrong on this, but I think a team once LOST the final round after not losing a ballot the entire tournament. It was the girl/girl team that Klinger/Nathan beat on the privacy topic I think. Greenhill, maybe?

Like I said, could be wrong.

Congrats to everyone again.

I could be very wrong on this, but I think a team once LOST the final round after not losing a ballot the entire tournament. It was the girl/girl team that Klinger/Nathan beat on the privacy topic I think. Greenhill, maybe?

Like I said, could be wrong.

Congrats to everyone again.

Racquel Bracken and Della Sentilles. I'm not 100% sure if this is correct or not, but I do know that Greenhill picked up all 12 ballots in the prelims, won all of their elimination round debates, and won their semifinals debate on a 5-0, so it is very possible. Anyone know for sure?

~Bill

i believe klinger won 2 consecutive nfl championships with 2 different partners.

• Downvote 1

Correct. He and Kevin Mazur won the 2000 championship over Brookings and he and Stacey Nathan won the 2001 Nationals over Greenhill.

~Bill

Congrats to STA on a very stellar showing.

Thank you.

Congrats to GBN for an excellent performance in winning the national championship. I consider judge adaptation to be the absolute cornerstone of debate, and in finals, they showed that they were more than capable of adapting to any panel under any circumstances. A round like that can't have been an easy switch for a team that just won the TOC, and they did so brilliantly.

look at your flow (if you flowed, which I guess you didn't) and then see if you find any of the 2AR arguments in the 1AR.

Wasn't the Bush supplemental spending arg new?

The results packet seems wierd. How come it says Rufus King lost all of their rounds? Weren't they the CFL champs? What happened?

Rufus King was not there

Why weren't they there?

It's a really long story that ended up with Asad and I deciding not to go.

Also, big congrats to GBN and SMW for a great showing at NFLs/in general this year!

• Downvote 2

i do not think that is known yet, or at least i have not seen the information released
June 15-20, 2008...

If you mean me and Cyrus, yeah we are. We debated GBN and read the nanotech aff, if that's the round you're thinking of. If so, hi.

• Upvote 1

still disappointed sara didnt have you bust out my aff....