Sign in to follow this  
Lamp

TOC Tournaments/ACT Conflict

I noticed that the ACT falls again on the weekend of Greenhill/Wake Forest, assuming they are the same weekend this year. I was wondering if any accomodations will be made this year to allow people to take the ACT as well. I know in years past rounds have started later at tournaments like EGR to allow people to take the test at local testing facilities. Just wanted to see what was up. Thanks.

There are a lot of ACT test dates, if I remember correctly.

Sure there are, but the September date is the only one that would allow you to take it, see your score, then send it to a school you are applying early admissions to.

I noticed that the ACT falls again on the weekend of Greenhill/Wake Forest, assuming they are the same weekend this year. I was wondering if any accomodations will be made this year to allow people to take the ACT as well. I know in years past rounds have started later at tournaments like EGR to allow people to take the test at local testing facilities. Just wanted to see what was up. Thanks.

I can't speak for Wake as I have never attended that tournament, but the Saturday morning ACT test time is when they run rounds 1 & 2 of the Greenhill tournament (Sat-Sun-Mon) format. I don't think theres going to be chance to do what you're seeking....not that weekend anyway.

Perhaps you could look to one of the summer testing dates...or have those already passed us by?

Sure there are, but the September date is the only one that would allow you to take it, see your score, then send it to a school you are applying early admissions to.

Thats why you should take the test in may/june...

I know for the SAT subject tests, if you can demonstrate need you can alter the date slightly. I don't think that's possible for the ACT though. I think I'm just not going to one of the season-opener's (greenhill/ wake forest). It stinks, but the ACT is more important than a debate tournament!

I know for the SAT subject tests, if you can demonstrate need you can alter the date slightly. I don't think that's possible for the ACT though. I think I'm just not going to one of the season-opener's (greenhill/ wake forest). It stinks, but the ACT is more important than a debate tournament!

There are ACT re-take dates if you miss the ACT, I believe. If he were to sign up and 'miss', I think he could pay an extra $20 and take it a couple weeks later.

Perhaps you could look to one of the summer testing dates...or have those already passed us by?

Yeah they have. Hopefully Danny was already signed up for it but if he wasn't it appears the test date he was asking about is his only shot for early admissions.