Sign in to follow this  
drumset7000

SPACE CASE

Hey, I really want to run a space case this year, because i want to run something different, like a darkhorse case. Does anyone have any ideas for one; my mind's drawing a blank right now.

Sure, have us stop detaining monkeys without charge. That way we can't test them => no space => space bad. ;)

Ok, you guys...after drinking 6 bottles of mocha, and it being 1:00 in the morning, I've got the the stupidest, most far-fetched case ever. Ok, so the USFG will substantially decrease its authority to search and explore space. No more space exploration, it links to space weaponization which links to nuclear war. If the US keeps exploring space, it will eventually become weaponized, and that will link to nuclear war. Maybe we could shut down NASA or smthing..im not sure, this is just a lame ass idea...

Wow, that sounded stupid.

Yea i have to agree with these other guys, um how would you be topical? But hey i am as lost as you are, who the hell would choose this topic? I mean as if U.N.P.K.O.s wernt bad enough we have to debate civil liberties. Well do what you want to do, sapce is the plce and it is cool, i had a space polotix da last year it was cool, but on the aff, it seems a little wanky lol.

Resolved: The United States federal government should substantially decrease its authority either to detain without charge or to search without probable cause.

Maybe I'm not understanding the resolution properly, (hey, go easy on me, I'm still in my first year of debate), but the aren't I topical because the USFG is substantially decreasing its authority to search space without probable cause?

As I posted elsewhere... to make a space case legit next year, you need to go totally radical on theory...

Ob 1 - STATISM WITHIN DEBATE

The NFHS chooses the resolution. The ones which were most desired by the debaters and coaches did not end up as the topic selected. This is a form of statism meant to control intellectual discourse. Time to create the revolution of intellectual anarchy. Alternative - choose any of the original 5 resolutions so debaters have the options to debate what they wanted to debate. Preempt - Lyotard specifically says that not permitting the aff to play these intellectual discursive games is oppressive and the root of all oppression by favoring the rational over the irrational due to hypothetical "rules."

Ob 2 - SPACE IS OUR CHOICE

(insert case)

Of course I dont advocate this path... but it would make for an interesting debate...

As I posted elsewhere... to make a space case legit next year, you need to go totally radical on theory...

Ob 1 - STATISM WITHIN DEBATE

The NFHS chooses the resolution. The ones which were most desired by the debaters and coaches did not end up as the topic selected. This is a form of statism meant to control intellectual discourse. Time to create the revolution of intellectual anarchy. Alternative - choose any of the original 5 resolutions so debaters have the options to debate what they wanted to debate. Preempt - Lyotard specifically says that not permitting the aff to play these intellectual discursive games is oppressive and the root of all oppression by favoring the rational over the irrational due to hypothetical "rules."

Ob 2 - SPACE IS OUR CHOICE

(insert case)

Of course I dont advocate this path... but it would make for an interesting debate...

haha, thatd be a funny debate, but am i still topical with what i said in my previous post?

Does the US have any authority reserved to detain taikonauts or cosmonauts in space?

Oh yeah, this isn't a bad idea either, what do you guys think about all this?

this could be topical if you can justify effectually topical plans good, i'll explain post this season or if you pm/aim me.

you'd lose this debate on T-search or T-probable cause

people will define it in terms of law enforcement and will win that their definition is the most predictable

your interpretation unlimits the topic, it justifies decreasing ANY type of searching for ANYTHING the government does and running obscure advantages that the negative can't predict

Sign in to follow this