movingonup

Fantasy Nationals This is the thread where the draft is going down in!

Douglas Deever FX Shawnee Heights

Kaut, I love the new custom title!

My picks for 6 and 7 (Please don't let passing up on my favorite sleeper come back to bite me...):

Emily Graham, Hutchinson - Senate

Titus/Foster, Newton - Duo

It was tough not picking my boy Eli Woody up in the duo, he's going to rack up some major points.

For the events I've picked in - here's some picks I had high on my draft board that would be good additions to any team:

Policy: From newton both teams have some moxie in 'em, and since they're from the same school you know they'll have double the prep work, and plenty of opportunities for practice rounds so they'll go into the tournament fresh. Don't forget adkins/bradshaw were in semis at state and jeffries/dickinson were in finals. JD were champs out of west kansas and AB were runner ups.

House: Curielt and Hess are both a couple good ol' boys from West Kansas that have the style needed to be successful at national circuit congress. You've also got Hess high on the boards people have posted as "ideal fantasy teams."

Senate: Funcheon - Wichita East - Watch out kids. I've only seen her in policy, but she's an excellent speaker. There's also a reason east has their districts congress on lock down.

Duo: Woody/McGuire - T High - This duo is pretty solid and you can count on them for a break.

• Upvote 1

maybe its a typo on page one but emilee hernandez from STA is DEFINITELY not in house. i'm 99.9% sure she's in OO [since she was in quarters for OO at cfl's]. just throwing that out there.

I'm not sure if either of you regained your net access, but i'll make the picks you told me for either 6 or 7.

Annaleigh's pick: Eyman/Schultz, WaRu - PFD

Ishamel's pick: Woody/McGuire, Topeka High - Duo

Charlie's up

If Wichita East has such a lockdown in congress why did they not qualify someone in first or second in House (especially since they had what 11 of the 24 people)?

If Wichita East has such a lockdown in congress why did they not qualify someone in first or second in House (especially since they had what 11 of the 24 people)?

He is right. And from what I hear, they could have very well stopped east from getting a house qualifier this year if everyone would have been an asshole. Also, you can ask Gloria about the senate this year, it was everything but locked dowm by east.

He is right. And from what I hear, they could have very well stopped east from getting a house qualifier this year if everyone would have been an asshole. Also, you can ask Gloria about the senate this year, it was everything but locked dowm by east.

not necessarily just this year, but wichita east regularly does have stiff congress competition. if you don't like who i recommend to pick, don't take 'em. sounds fair.

okay: I drafted Jake Adair in Ld and Douglas Deever FX and they haven't been added to the big board of teams.

Charlie is in a meeting so I'll draft: Taylor Nichols DX

okay: I drafted Jake Adair in Ld and Douglas Deever FX and they haven't been added to the big board of teams.

thanks for the notification - changes made (i also fixed having forgotten to change Big D's team members.

thanks for making the pick for charlie.

bobmurphy's pick: Wood and Bolander, Parsons, PFD

creighton's up

crap, i forgot to ever get aroudn to addressing the issue of too few pfd teams to go around. i'll discuss it with ziegler a little later, but mayeb the last pfd team on the board will just go to both of the final two teams that need a pfd team, i dunno. nothing certain yet. but no, draft a pfd and an ld entry

The lowest number of draftees in a given event is 10, so it's only fair that the draft last 10 rounds to prevent somebody from drafting, say, 2 LDers, etc. This limits the results to one person per event, making it more comparable and easy to tabulate.

So 10 round limit - this also allows competitors the flexibility of opting out of an event they think KS sucks at (like LD, for instance - an event we haven't historically done well at.)