movingonup

Fantasy Nationals This is the thread where the draft is going down in!

These two opted out, meaning their policy spot went to Baker/Weiner, SMW. This complicates things a lot. People have based their strategy on the current set of policy, house, and LD entries.

I think everyone is more interested in getting the draft finished instead of fretting over semantics. Likewise, I think it's pretty fair to allow Movingonup and I Like to Cuss to replace their Policy, House, and LD entry from the remaining pool (which can also include deferrals, meaning Baker/Weiner are now on the board for policy, Michael Perbeck of SME would get the LD spot since, to my knowledge, he did not qualify in another event, and Germinder of Bishop Miege would take the House spot since Adair preffed to Thomas in House due to his LD qual).

The factual knowledge of whether these individuals will go in these events or not is unknown - the comfort of ensuring accuracy on qualifyers was set aside for the sake of speeding up the draft, therefore, pick at your own risk. For the sake of points and tallying, dropped spots need to be replaced, and it's much quicker to have a first-come-first-serve basis for replacement than to stop the draft and start things over. If your pick, in fact, does not go to nationals, they'll be treated as non-breakers. Once again, the competitors preferred to hurry up the draft instead of ensure accuracy - this was the risk you agreed to take. Sorry folks.

Movingonup and I Like to Cuss: Those 3 have been added to the board. Replace your picks ASAP. If the normal order of drafters gets to their picks before you do, eh, it happens.

If there are any questions, please, ask them freely. If people have a huge issue with this, please take note of the following before ranting or really being too offended about it: 1) It's a hypothetical forensics draft. Even the most miniscule wars have been fought for MUCH more, and for the sake of everyone's sanity, it's much easier to just let this continue than to argue about it (Mr. Dubois. :P), and 2) I think this is just plain easier - I apologize if you would have totally changed your draft order if you'd known that Baker/Weiner was on there, etc. Once again, just keep the draft going - holding it up only makes the situation worse.

Not that anyone cares but here’s my fantasy team

Policy- Higgins and Harzmen S.South

LD- Andy Berg Buhler

PF- Jessica Sheth and Carl Smith Wichita East

House- Hess Mcpherson

Senate- Shier S.Central

Duo- I know there from my school but Titus and Foster Newton

OO- Nick Miller Silver Lake

DX- Mary Yanik Emporia

FX- Joey Ralph Buhler

DI- Kerry McGuire BVN

HI- Josh Hafner Great Bend

Does Perbeck get the LD spot or does P. Kennedy get the LD spot as they both went out at the same time?

Perbeck.

Bobmurphy's pick: Downing/Rigdon - Field Kinley - Duo

Charlie's up.

Does Perbeck get the LD spot or does P. Kennedy get the LD spot as they both went out at the same time?

pat is still going in Congress and im going in LD. our Coach called me today and let me know. if that helps clear any uncertianty.

On the official placings, Perbeck beat Kennedy in LD. Therefore, the LD spot would defer to Perbeck pending that he decided to go to nationals.

Not that anyone cares but here’s my fantasy team

Policy- Higgins and Harzmen S.South

LD- Andy Berg Buhler

PF- Jessica Sheth and Carl Smith Wichita East

House- Hess Mcpherson

Senate- Shier S.Central

Duo- I know there from my school but Titus and Foster Newton

OO- Nick Miller Silver Lake

DX- Mary Yanik Emporia

FX- Joey Ralph Buhler

DI- Kerry McGuire BVN

HI- Josh Hafner Great Bend

Dude, you didn't even pick yourself

Good to see you charlie.

Ishamel picks Katie Gluek - House (anyone know her school?)

annaleigh picks michael perbeck - LD - SME

Big D, you're up.