Incoherency

Squirrel breeding

My ideas for cases you will be hating next year. I feel I am qualified, as I predicted, against all of your criticism, THE squirrel case of this season, the Space Case. I doubt anyone will run any of these, but its a start. I'll post more as I progress in my thinking, slowly arriving at something that might show up.

1. Deschooling. School sucks. Is it detainment? Some of us certainly think so sometimes. Is it without probable cause? Hmm, well homeschoolers tend to have some disenting ideas, so perhaps the government has probable cause to entrench the state and its beliefs through detainment of a majority of students in schools. Okay, bad idea for a case, but today's day of school really got on my nerves. Is it indefinetly? Hmm... I guess no one stays in school forever. On the otherhand, it isn't defined, and there are plenty of different possibilities on scholastic timeframes.

2. Iraq Justification: Without the policy, affs could say that we should never search a country for weapons of mass destruction without probable cause ever again. If the negative can not prove that this situation will happen again really soon, there's no tix link and really no DA links. Instead, the debate becomes whether or not the Iraq attack was justified, almost like an LD case. Feasible? Perhaps not. LD-like debating really isn't a plus either... heh heh.

3. No draft. Is the draft detainment? Not really...

American Heritage Dictionary 2000 (courtesy of dictionary.com)

To keep in custody or temporary confinement

Hmm... maybe. Abolishing even the possibility of the draft (or its occurence pending the future months) could be a squirrel to look out for.

check out this definition: (also from AHD)

To retain or withhold (payment or property, for example).

If you can win this squirrel door interpretation, it is your ticket to some of the biggest politics impacts ever, as well as some cases that have sufaced this year. (note: this interp is really bad. this is more for entertainment than anything else. have fun reading it. laugh. don't get angry at me. be happy. I am not trying to justify these as topical, so please don't start arguing against me in subsequent posts. Feel free to add your own or comment on which you think that weird kid will try out.)

4. Natives: Hmm... property... I see the natives case again, and (slightly) more topical than this year!

5. Social Security: If it gets gutted before next year, contracts good and other advantages could form a Social Security aff. Force the US to stop witholding money that has been promised to future generations.

6. UN Dues: Give in to global governance and let the UN force us to give them money, ushering in the new world order.

7. ANWR: Force the US to stop withholding ANWR property from drilling. ANWR oil good.

8. Yucca Mountain: Cross apply ANWR.

9. Just causes test: Think PDD-25. No more witholding money that could be stopping genocide if it went to PKOs.

*I just realized that "authority" would probably take out most of these ideas even if you won that bad interp. oh well*

Done for now. More for later.

I guess it is without charge. Well, deschooling is a bit more T... It is hard to charge land... Hey. Lol. You could have to make the USFG detain money without charging it lol. Okay, whatever.

Oh yeah. Don't forget never take a prisoner without charging ever again. Kind of makes war difficult. Or means we kill everyone!

DRAFT-Source: WordNet ® 2.0, © 2003 Princeton University

9: compulsory military service [syn: conscription, muster, selective service

2: engage somebody to enter the army [syn: enlist, muster in] [ant: discharge]

compulsory

adj : required by rule; "in most schools physical education are compulsory"; "attendance is mandatory"; "required reading" [syn: mandatory, required]

Source: WordNet ® 2.0, © 2003 Princeton University

CONSCRIPTION:n : compulsory military service [syn: muster, draft, selective service]

Source: WordNet ® 2.0, © 2003 Princeton Universit

Selective Service:

n 1: an independent federal agency that administers compulsory military service [syn: Selective Service, Selective Service System, SSS] 2: compulsory military service [syn: conscription, muster, draft]

Source: WordNet ® 2.0, © 2003 Princeton U

So yah I'd say that the draft is detainment, without "charge", then again, it could be argued....awww nvm the other way would never win.

Dont take POW's could be an interesting case, youd have to sound very militaristic, back it up with alot of hege good stuff.

Schools are a state government responsibility, not a Federal government responsibility. Maybe you could run deschooling in Washington, D.C.

Draft is not inherent. We don't have a draft now.

mkay, and the ability to draft and the AUTHORITY to draft is something the USFG claims currently.

It's true that the Federal Government claims the ability and authority to draft, but there is currently no draft. I guess you could argue that the draft is coming, plan removes the authority to draft.

Banning the department of education doesn't get you to de-schooling. We had public schools for a long time before we had the DoEd, and we would have schools even if the department were dismantled. There are lots of people who say we shouldn't have the Department of Education, but they are generally conservatives who believe we should get the Feds out of education, not people who think schools are a form of unlawful detention.

I can see a crazy case about banning the siezure of wild animals for public zoos.

heh yeah that'd be awesome...but does the USFG control/supply animals for public zoos? if not, it would be easily untopical since the USFG isn't decreasing its own authority to do anything, it's decreasing the authority of private zoo organizations...

heh yeah that'd be awesome...but does the USFG control/supply animals for public zoos? if not, it would be easily untopical since the USFG isn't decreasing its own authority to do anything, it's decreasing the authority of private zoo organizations...

Good point.

I'm not sure if the federal government actually has to be the one to capture the animals to meet the term "detain," all it needs to do is decrease its authority to "keep in custody." I haven't looked into it and it's probably more likely that even this is managed by local governments rather than the feds.

http://ceda-ndt.uchicago.edu/BofI/Zoos.pdf

if you find some way to justify that topicality-wise, also be ready to argue limits. allowing an aff about detaining animals without charge justifies affs about detaining anything - money, oil, WMD, etc. proper limits, for the sake of education and clash, would probably be detaining a human being.

The National Zoo is administered by the federal govt.