Cendien

PDD-25 as a CP?

I was just reading a PDD-25 aff/neg thread, and in thinking about it I came up with an idea.. I'm probably not the first, but hey, I'll post it anyways as I havn't seen it here before.

So like I was saying.. a PDD-25 CP. In the status-quo, with PDD-25 in effect, we will only help in PKOs that directly affect or benefit (or are in the national interest of) the US. The CP says that the aff case has no solvency since the US wouldn't be able to do the plan under PDD-25, assuming the case isn't a direct national interest (as most PKOs around the world would fall into this category.) It then basically proposes the aff case plan of PDD-25, thereby gaining all adv's that the regular case gets.

The problem I'm running into would be mutual exclusivity. Once the CP has been passed, the aff case suddenly becomes solveable, and thereby could be permed. Also, I'm sure it would hit arguments such as FIAT would bypass PDD-25.

Anyways, what do you guys think? Was just a quick idea, and I'm sure it has plenty of holes.. but I thought I'd get some others' opinions. Thanks!

the key to mutual exclusivity is winning that PDD 25 has to be passed first and that it cannot be passed at the exact same time as plan. that makes any perm a timeframe perm <insert theory here>.

no. you're right about being able to fiat through PDD-25 and the mutual exclusivity. The plan definitely gets passed, or the fact that it contradicts PDD25 doesn't mean the plan shouldn't get passed. So the plan still solves. Maybe it would be better framed if your CP revised PDD25 and then do the plan or conditioned plan passage on the revision of PDD25 and say it would happen soon. The net benefit would be PDD25 good. And maybe politics of a specific link about the plan (not UNPKOs) of an agenda item that will pass really soon. But just changing PDD25 as a counterplan is like just invading north korea. It's irrelevant.

no. you're right about being able to fiat through PDD-25 and the mutual exclusivity. The plan definitely gets passed, or the fact that it contradicts PDD25 doesn't mean the plan shouldn't get passed. So the plan still solves. Maybe it would be better framed if your CP revised PDD25 and then do the plan or conditioned plan passage on the revision of PDD25 and say it would happen soon. The net benefit would be PDD25 good. And maybe politics of a specific link about the plan (not UNPKOs) of an agenda item that will pass really soon. But just changing PDD25 as a counterplan is like just invading north korea. It's irrelevant.

it could be an advantage counter plan except i think normal means of most plans would be to change pdd 25 anyway... so i'd be more like an advantage pic that no one reads an advantage to.

So is this something that could even possibly work or am I totally off here? Like I said, was just a spur of the moment thought but I figured it was worth asking about.

So is this something that could even possibly work or am I totally off here? Like I said, was just a spur of the moment thought but I figured it was worth asking about.

No, it doesn't work. Maybe the plan is against the law. So what? Fiat garuntees passage of plan, regardless of its legitimacy. Therefore, plan doesn't have to follow rules like PDD-25.

Ive seen a few teams that would run PDD25 AND a RRF on the aff, and the neg counterplanned and just did PDD25

Relevance?

Well then how about running PDD 25 as a plan cannot meet need arg against people who dont know how to perm it? Then if they perm it say they cant and attack plan like that.