Sign in to follow this  
Bill Batterman

Announcing The 2007 NFL Nationals Code Sharing Project

Hi all,

I will be organizing this year's NFL Nationals code sharing project. If you would like to participate, please send an email to billbatterman@gmail.com with the following information:

1. The School You Are Affiliated With

2. Your Position With The School (Debater/Coach)

3. Whether You Would Like To Participate in the Code Sharing Project (yes/no)

4. Whether You Would Like To Participate in an Argument List (yes/no)

I will respond with complete details via email. If you have any questions, please let me know.

Thanks,

~Bill

PM me with your name and email address, Digital. Unless you first emailed me last night/today, you should have heard from me.

~Bill

first what is "code sharing" because i want to join im just not sure what i would be joining?

first what is "code sharing" because i want to join im just not sure what i would be joining?

basically, when nationals registration starts, teams start getting their code numbers. This project has everyone that joins give up their code number to get everyone else's so that in prelims you'll know exactly who your hitting.

killer so this isnt a casebook or anything?

killer so this isnt a casebook or anything?

it is for code sharing as well as a casebook. You can participate in either or both...

Hi all,

The first case book release will be sent to all who have contributed Friday. I also have a bit of a backlog of people who sent in their info after the initial email went out; I will be responding to all of you tomorrow, too.

If you'd like to get involved in this project, please email me ASAP (billbatterman@gmail.com).

~Bill

if you want to participate in this-

is it binding? what if you run multiple affirmatives?

how many teams participate in this?

can you provide some information for those who have never been or qualified for nationals?

thanks in advance

If you haven't received anything by the end of the day, please email me again. I think many of your emails are ending up in my spam folder... I'm going to go through it this afternoon.

~Bill

The second pre-tournament case list update was sent tonight. If you haven't contacted me to take part in this code and argument list project, I encourage you to do so ASAP. Everyone benefits from an open, accessible code list... by turning the code list into a community project, we can make sure that everyone has access to the same information.

If you know teams/coaches/debaters who have qualified for NFL Nationals, please encourage them to contact me. If you already contacted me but haven't received the most recent update, send me a cross-x private message with your name, school, and email address and I'll make sure you get a copy ASAP.

Best,

~Bill

I just sent out version three of the pre-tournament case list. If you haven't done so already, please contact me to join the code and argument list projects for NFL Nationals.

Best,

~Bill

IMPORTANT:

If you're debating at NFL Nationals, email your code to billbatterman@gmail.com. In exchange, you will receive a list of all the codes that have been compiled. This is incredibly helpful when conducting pre-tournament and pre-round preparation.

Couple things:

1. If you're a small school or from a circuit that doesn't travel much, don't be afraid to share your code... you'll be able to scout teams like GBN, MBA, and St. Mark's much easier than they will be able to scout you.

2. You *do not* have to disclose any of your arguments in order to participate in the code list. This is exclusively a list of codes and their associated teams... a "decoder ring" for the numerical NFL pairing sheets.

Hope to hear from you soon.

~Bill

The pairings for the six preliminary rounds were released at registration. The tournament uses codes, however, not names, so it is meaningless unless you know which code represents which team. Hence, the cooperative code list project. Unfortunately for those watching from home, I am not going to publicly release the code list for fear of free-riding. Hopefully, I will have compiled enough information to release the codes of those that clear to elimination rounds on Tuesday. If there are still gaps in the list, however, I will keep the list private so as not to disadvantage those teams that participated in the project.

~Bill