magicmasterk

attn: California Kritik Teams

Hey, what kritiks do you usually run on the aff/neg and how well do you understand the argument?

....well to answer your second question, its probably pretty important to understand whatever arguement you run well, regardless of whether its a kritik or not. whether people running the K "understand" the arg is subjective, teams who consistently win/run ks, obviously do. but debate understanding, i think, is a different understanding versus the depth of knowledge that most people relate to "understanding", but i mean you dont neccesarily need to know the different terms of the subconcious, but defending your framework of pyschoanalysis is pretty important

the way that people comprehend Ks is also pretty subjective, like some people can read a politics file 5 min before and kick ass with it, and other people can't. so just like read a file yourself, see if you get it as it is, if you dont do background reading on it, write extensions in your own words, read the sources, cut your own shit. thats probably a better option if you want to gain understanding if how you yourself understand the K instead of basing how you approach a K in relation to other people, cuz that K lit shit in of itself is fuckin complicated, like i literally stared at the impact card for a biopower K for like 5 minutes going, what the fuck is he talking about, and doing that in a round, eh probably not a great idea.

wow, i turned a totally simple question into..something slightly irrelevant and convuluted, lol, i love procrastination for ap tests :D

To answer the question about the purpose of the thread, I guess I posted this to find out all critical arguments used on the California circuit since (although i've only been to a few nat circuit tournaments) K's seem more prevalent elsewhere on the circuit than in california.

The only critical arguments I've ever faced at tournies like USC,Stanford,Berkeley, etc was Chalupka, Foucault, and Baudrillard (once each) out of around 60-100 rounds.

Please post if you agree/disagree. Again, I didn't go out on circuit much this season so i could be wrong.

To answer the question about the purpose of the thread, I guess I posted this to find out all critical arguments used on the California circuit since (although i've only been to a few nat circuit tournaments) K's seem more prevalent elsewhere on the circuit than in california.

The only critical arguments I've ever faced at tournies like USC,Stanford,Berkeley, etc was Chalupka, Foucault, and Baudrillard (once each) out of around 60-100 rounds.

Please post if you agree/disagree. Again, I didn't go out on circuit much this season so i could be wrong.

3 k's out of a hundred rounds definately isnt how it usually is at the big cali tournaments I've seen. I havn't noticed a substantial difference in how many k's weve hit out of state as we did in.

3 k's out of a hundred rounds definately isnt how it usually is at the big cali tournaments I've seen. I havn't noticed a substantial difference in how many k's weve hit out of state as we did in.

I'd agree with Cody. California is one of the most K-ish states i've debated in. :-D

I'd agree with Cody. California is one of the most K-ish states i've debated in. :-D

it is definitely true....because it has alot to do with the judging pool the preference of the teams debating. Its silly to say that every where in the country is the same...when we know thats not true.

The midwest is really kritikal. California is pretty balanced.

"The Midwestern United States (or Midwest) refers to the north-central states of the United States of America, specifically Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota, and Wisconsin."

-Wikipedia.

Illinois - GBN, GBS --- not really that critical. Even New Trier isn't too critical.

Indiana - again, not really.

Iowa - ?

Kansas - ?

Michigan - The critique is one of the least accepted args w/in the judging pool.

Minnesota - border critical, again, not really (see Wayzata).

Missouriri - ?

Nebraska - ?

ND - ?

Ohio - Def not that critical, Centervill may be, but not as much as CA

SD - ?

WI - not so much

CA - critical. At the TOC, the teams from this area certainly run more critical arguments.

My two cents.

That very likely could be incorrect.

i'm really confused abourt the purpose of this thread.......

Me too- but I'm going to take advantage of that fact that someone is trying to gather up all you K folk and give you some advice.

<------------ STRIKE THIS GUY