kyby1234

A Zombie Affirmative: My Gift to you all

wow u must be retarded...read the evidence

It obviously took some time, and I thought it was pretty clever, even though I wouldn't run it. Not that your comment that I am "retarded" adds anything, since it's merely an ad hom that does little for discussion.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

And for the record, having a kritikal advantage and a policy advantage may be dangerous especially since for your first adv you are solving for world peace, which in your card is the abscense of a global conflict and lots of deaths so you link to your fear of death adv. Also, where did you get these authors? Is a Zombie researcher an occupation?? Just wondering, I personally would have run a train a jedi council aff (for the Peace Corps). jk ;)

• Downvote 2

Ya, I was curious as to how the two advantages don't link back to one another.

• Downvote 1

man... I was thinking of something like this at the beginning of the year, I just never got around to doing it. Certainly impressive!

It obviously took some time, and I thought it was pretty clever, even though I wouldn't run it. Not that your comment that I am "retarded" adds anything, since it's merely an ad hom that does little for discussion.

ok, your first comment was "i was thinking of something like this", meaning u were thinking about running this, thus y i called u a retard.

second, it's not clever or impressive by any stretch, because a) the ev sucks and B) everything in this aff not found in camp files r from TWO websites and the ev blows (it's literally a joke). the fact that u think its impressive is laughable, again why i called u a retard.

for the record, the fact that im making "ad hom" statements is because im not debating you (this isnt two sided, the ev is atrocious and the aff a joke), im insulting you

• Downvote 2

ok, your first comment was "i was thinking of something like this", meaning u were thinking about running this, thus y i called u a retard.

second, it's not clever or impressive by any stretch, because a) the ev sucks and B) everything in this aff not found in camp files r from TWO websites and the ev blows (it's literally a joke). the fact that u think its impressive is laughable, again why i called u a retard.

for the record, the fact that im making "ad hom" statements is because im not debating you (this isnt two sided, the ev is atrocious and the aff a joke), im insulting you

Clever is a matter of opinion - of course the evidence isn't amazing, it's a fun case. I wanted something like this to run as a joke, as you mentioned - I wasn't aware that if I wasn't 100% clear of that in my post that I'm automatically a "retard". I felt it was an impressive investment of time and functioned on the level that I would have intended it to, so I said it was impressive. Also, there's no need to get all grammar-conscious in my use of "ad hom," I understand the meaning of the phrase. It was the first way I thought to get my point across, and I don't think your spelling/grammar is exactly perfect either. Regardless, there's no reason to be insulting or debating about a comment on a matter of opinion. You think it's lame, I think it's fun. No need to make it any more than that.

• Upvote 1

no, i think the aff is straight up dumb, i think YOU are a retard for thinking a) its impressive B) its a good investment of time and c) you would run an aff like this as a joke. im not criticizing your grammar, im criticizing your opinion on this aff, bcause its so dumb that giving it any credence is laughable.

• Downvote 1

no, i think the aff is straight up dumb, i think YOU are a retard for thinking a) its impressive B) its a good investment of time and c) you would run an aff like this as a joke. im not criticizing your grammar, im criticizing your opinion on this aff, bcause its so dumb that giving it any credence is laughable.

That's nice.

Who are you to tell him how he should spend his time or how he should have fun with debate. It is apparent that he made the Aff for fun and he just wanted to share with everyone else by showing them a cool thing he had been working on. Debate is supposed to have some fun in it and doesn't always have to be 100% serious...

If you wouldn't run this for yourself, that's fine man. Maybe someday if you become a debate coach you can then try and tell high school debaters how they should spend their debate time and what is and isn't a good argument. Until then, live and let be.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Haters lay off, the aff is a pretty fun one to consider running as a joke, and he should be able to write any aff he wants without being criticized for his opinions. I think it's at least impressive that he'd take the time to make a fun, interesting aff that could get a few laughs and whatnot, and if you think the aff is retarted then don't run it. No need to insult him personally.

• Downvote 1

Haters lay off, the aff is a pretty fun one to consider running as a joke, and he should be able to write any aff he wants without being criticized for his opinions. I think it's at least impressive that he'd take the time to make a fun, interesting aff that could get a few laughs and whatnot, and if you think the aff is retarted then don't run it. No need to insult him personally.

1. All affs receive criticism.

2. No it is not "impressive" that he wrote this aff.

• Downvote 1

1. All affs receive criticism.

2. No it is not "impressive" that he wrote this aff.

1. That doesn't justify personal attacks, namely deeming him "retarted" because he was proud of writing it. The fact that it was written for fun and isn't intended to be one of those kick-ass, TOC-winning affs should be reason enough to leave out obvious claims that it isn't a legitimate policy and that his sources are fictional. You can criticize the warrants and merits of an aff without insulting the person that made it, and just because other affs are criticized doesn't mean all forms of criticism are justified. If you don't believe the aff is good, keep believing that and don't run it, or better yet you can write super sweet blocks and crush the case if you ever hit it. You don't have to be so condescending.

2. Thanks for the warrants. This is a matter of opinion, and, again, no one should be personally insulted for having one that conflicts with others. Even if it isn't "impressive" in the sense that he went out of his way to make an aff that could take him to Finals of a major tournament/make sense in real-world policy analysis, it is "impressive" in the fact that he found some evidence that could make a few people laugh while incorporating it into an aff that people could take to their "just for fun" tournaments. I think it was a cool idea, one I hadn't thought of, and probably couldn't have even found fictional evidence on. Even if you don't think it's "impressive", you can at least realize that some people find it funny and cool and leave them be.

Files like this at least add a fun element to debate. The Chuck Norris, Harry Potter, Timecube, and Ashtar files were all also considered bogus, senseless arguments, but they made a lot of people laugh and led to some very interesting, fun debates. No matter how cool it makes people feel to talk down to those who make these files, it really makes them look like asses. At least people that make affs like this have a sense of humor and try to keep at least some debates and ideas fun.

I'm surprised at the plethora of straw-men you've set up from my two half-sentences.

I'm surprised at the plethora of straw-men you've set up from my two half-sentences.

Hey, I don't have anything better to do. :D

I find it funny the people are criticizing the quality of evidence in a 1AC about Zombies, and the claim that it's disingenuous to quote an ironic article (because obviously Kyle actually wants necromancers to resurrect Zombies

to fight in the US military).

How was your opponent really knowledgeable about Zombies? Does that mean (s)he's seen all of George Romero's movies?

• Downvote 1

Your "fun" is hurting my education. So silence your voice before I have to do it for you.

Quit debate.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

The Chuck Norris, Harry Potter, Timecube, and Ashtar files were all also considered bogus, senseless arguments, but they made a lot of people laugh and led to some very interesting, fun debates. No matter how cool it makes people feel to talk down to those who make these files, it really makes them look like asses. At least people that make affs like this have a sense of humor and try to keep at least some debates and ideas fun.

They have Harry Potter and Chuck Norris files? anyone have links...? lol.

shaun of the dead is on tv.

good movie.

zombies rock.

QFA.

Speaking of, everyone go see 28 Weeks Later. Technically not a "zombie" movie, but if you like zombies you should love it, and it sure is a damn good sequel.

can't you turn any DA with death as an impact with something along thie lines of "TURN- death leads to zombies, which are better than humans."

fun case....

i think mummies actually kick zombies ass

mummies CP

Plan: egypt will draft mummies in its army

- that will be dug up

- and, brought back to life using "the book of the dead" (see The Mummy) - that will have come from the pyramids of giza (so theyll have prior experience in these things

competes:

1. efx T

2. egypt isn't USFG

Net benefit -> pharaohs = prior experience

egypt doesnt have the baggage of american imperialism

icon12.gif