Sign in to follow this  
Guest silvermdc1

Foreign Nationals case

spending, politics, hege bad, most any K u would read against a military aff, consult NATO, PMC CP, etc.

all you have to do is not overthink the aff, its a hege/terror aff (you can use linguists negs, obviously) and run your usual args.

out of curiosity, what T would u run? This aff is pretty topical

There is an UTNIF aff that was put out where the affirmative where some of the advantages are based off how bad the military's recruiting of foreigners is...

The first piece of evidence, Common Dreams 03, talks about how we are already going into other countries to recruit non-citizens who are economically vulnerable to join the Armed Forces. It also talks about how we are using foreigners to do make sure we can continue fighting wars against other countries.

The next is the Berlowitz 00 card talking about how the Armed Forces is committing racism in the form of genocide by disproportionately putting the non-citizens at the front lines and positions of mortal combat.

There is also a nice militarism advantage that can be run either as specific links to a militarism K or as a case turn. I just truly can't believe someone would run this case. You can look more in depth in this file and you could probably make a case for inherency with the evidence saying the recruiting is already happening and increasing but besides that, I would probably just go for a K. Off the top of my head, ones you could use that would work very well are Agamben, Derrida, Foucault, or of course the Militarism(which I would personally suggest).

I am uploading it to send space so now so in a couple minutes when it finishes i'll post a link.

The next is the Berlowitz 00 card talking about how the Armed Forces is committing racism in the form of genocide by disproportionately putting the non-citizens at the front lines and positions of mortal combat.

The non-citizens have always been the best in mortal combat. The Asian dude Liu Kang's bicycle kick is sick and I'm pretty sure Subzero isn't from the U.S.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Sign in to follow this