spinners215

Novice Lexington

What novice teams are going to lexington? Finally a thread about thwe novice lexington tournament.... which schools are sending their novices to lexington and if you are how many?

dam there go any chances of taking lex

:(

what other team from burlington is going? the one that was at nfa debating novice as well?

yes, we are bringing both of our novice teams- evan and anna and matt and dakota

NFA's Novices are coming too...WATCH OUT!!!!:tank:

i wouldnt mind seeing Evan win though...if my novi's cant win it

Ummm... Ur da nfa coach rite? mohammed is going to go hybrid rite? with who? did he ask you yet? Mohammed wants to go hybrid at lex

I think almost eveyr team is coming from out of state bronx science is sending five teams prob the best teams we got so be afraid!!! lol just jkin

actually no i'm not mike bacon...thank god (sorry michael); hybrid who would do that idk i'll talk with him 4 u:tank:

that would be Michael to you and typically insulting your coach publically is not seen as the best way to advance your debate career

WHOEVER WINS TOP SPEAKER IN THE NOVICE DIVISION AT LEXINGTON WILL GO ON TO BE THE MOST IMPORTANT THING TO EVER HAPPEN TO DABAIT. EMPIRICALLY PROVEN. AND MIKE BACON IS THE MAN.

WHOEVER WINS TOP SPEAKER IN THE NOVICE DIVISION AT LEXINGTON WILL GO ON TO BE THE MOST IMPORTANT THING TO EVER HAPPEN TO DABAIT. EMPIRICALLY PROVEN. AND MIKE BACON IS THE MAN.

That was Evan Johnson. Lost in quarterfinals, though.

so you beat him on one arg..which he didnt have a block to wow great job...he was still first speaker..Best novi award in my opinion is his...Lexingtons a highly competive tournment and to be first speaker is amazing (congrats):tank:

so you beat him on one arg..which he didnt have a block to wow great job...he was still first speaker..Best novi award in my opinion is his...Lexingtons a highly competive tournment and to be first speaker is amazing (congrats):tank:

EDIT: OK, forget it.

More reason that the debate was a big win for us, then, we beat out the first speaker. Besides, he did have a block for the argument, he just didn't exactly know what was in it / how to run it. Even still, it's called adaptability and argument analysis - we handle it all the time.

Evan's actually a fairly good debater - he needs a better partner, though. She messed him up and cost him the tournament - I'm sure he'd agree with me on this as well.

That's factually incorrect. Considering this was quarterfinals, she did not 'cost him the tournament' because if Burlington won the round, they could have still lost in semis or finals.

That's factually incorrect. Considering this was quarterfinals, she did not 'cost him the tournament' because if Burlington won the round, they could have still lost in semis or finals.

Observation deleted.

And I honestly didn't mean to get into a big debate about this, nor did I intend to come off as arrogant. Ignore what I said if you must.

So which team, form what school won the tournament. No one on our novice team broke.

finals was a 7-0 for weston over lakeland

panel was

jim schultz, karen harrison, jessica (dont know her last name but goes to celebration), zack beauchamp, zack green, jack ewing, and me

it was a really good novice debate, these teams will be sweet

More reason that the debate was a big win for us, then, we beat out the first speaker. Besides, he did have a block for the argument, he just didn't exactly know what was in it / how to run it. Even still, it's called adaptability and argument analysis - we handle it all the time.

Evan's actually a fairly good debater - he needs a better partner, though. She messed him up and cost him the tournament - I'm sure he'd agree with me on this as well.

dont player hate, anna is a baller

dropping in quarters was not her fault at all - evan allowed her to sit down with 2 minutes left of her 1ar without covering the disad. if he was flowing or doing what he was supposed to do, that wouldnt have happened

and his 2ar could have pulled it off, unfortunately he didnt care enough to flow the 2nr or make any responsive arguments that werent new

they need to get better as a team, and if anything anna needs a new partner

dont player hate, anna is a baller

dropping in quarters was not her fault at all - evan allowed her to sit down with 2 minutes left of her 1ar without covering the disad. if he was flowing or doing what he was supposed to do, that wouldnt have happened

and his 2ar could have pulled it off, unfortunately he didnt care enough to flow the 2nr or make any responsive arguments that werent new

they need to get better as a team, and if anything anna needs a new partner

qfa

I completely agree, Anna didn't cost him anything.

Anyway, congrats to Weston CT. The guy on that team has the sexiest hair ever.

Jason,first of all congrats on a very successful tournament, one of these days I will get to judge you

what you are missing is if the "stronger" partner dominates and dictates EVERYTHING to the "weaker" partner there is minus zero motivation for the "tool" to get better. Debate is a two person activity and one of these days Evan needs to realize he can't win alone (and that flowing is the essential building block to true debate successs). Anna is a very good prospect and deserves MUCH better treatment than she receives

Ian your post is just another reason on the list as to why you are the real thing :cool: