Sign in to follow this  
dhanson

Peace Corps K's

Other than the Development and Imperialism K, what other critiques have you heard/run against a plain-old Peace Corps affirmative?

Other than the Development and Imperialism K, what other critiques have you heard/run against a plain-old Peace Corps affirmative?

Biopower and capitalism.

Guest svfrey

i dunno if these are included i the above, but:

frontier i.d.

colonialism

the Gift

security (with some kind of link, Heg, disease, development...)

For biopower, Agamben is much better, and that's what I run on peace corps.

ive heard spanos, said, critical IR and geopolitics run on PC

Spanos isn't the best to run against Peace corps because a lot of his work indicates that neoimperialism exists because of the armed forces.

It's a little harder to run biopower against the Positive Peace Aff. Capitalism is kind of generic and not a lot of judges like it. I made a kritik of imperialism which I run against Peace Corps (with maybe a hege DA and a China DA), but you can always do something like Neitzsche (links to pretty much everything this year).

Language. . .it's a PIC, so it's not technically a K, but basically it PICs out of the part of the plan that teaches english (assuming it's a run of the mill send people to help develop other countries PC case), and the net benefit is basically I guess an imperialism arg, with some specific language links.

• Downvote 1

For biopower, Agamben is much better, and that's what I run on peace corps.

Spanos isn't the best to run against Peace corps because a lot of his work indicates that neoimperialism exists because of the armed forces.

i know, people still have run it though

not to mention several other author's works indicate something but they are cut differently

additionally depending on the aff these could theoretically be run:

security

terror talk

disease reps

borders

Language. . .it's a PIC, so it's not technically a K, but basically it PICs out of the part of the plan that teaches english (assuming it's a run of the mill send people to help develop other countries PC case), and the net benefit is basically I guess an imperialism arg, with some specific language links.

umm yay for the Bostick file on Evazon?

• Downvote 1

Peace Corps members are taught several languages.

Perm: Do the CP.

Peace Corps members are taught several languages.

Perm: Do the CP.

Mike as much as you could pwn me in a PC debate, the perm is not applicable here. If he PICs out of teaching ONLY English then he is conceding that he teaches everything else, therefore I just don't understand this perm, care to elaborate?

And on theory, dude FUCK THE PERM! This is a PIC. It can be theoretically raped without the need of a perm. He doesn't even solve for imperialism b/c taking away the English language does not void these volunteers of the American culture they were once immersed in.

Mike as much as you could pwn me in a PC debate, the perm is not applicable here. If he PICs out of teaching ONLY English then he is conceding that he teaches everything else, therefore I just don't understand this perm, care to elaborate?

And on theory, dude FUCK THE PERM! This is a PIC. It can be theoretically raped without the need of a perm. He doesn't even solve for imperialism b/c taking away the English language does not void these volunteers of the American culture they were once immersed in.

Yeah, it is. PC members teach english exclusivley (sp i know, im a retard), so in no way do you concede teaching other langauges. A perm would be sweet in this case.

And dude, fuck that, pics are legit.

• Downvote 1

Yeah, it is. PC members teach english exclusivley (sp i know, im a retard), so in no way do you concede teaching other langauges. A perm would be sweet in this case.

And dude, fuck that, pics are legit.

Uhhh ok so hypothetically if you win the perm debate how do you access the NB of imperialism (or lack of for this case) with my turn in the last post?

I am really offended you didn't read it Kyle, lol. Basiccally even if you could go teach other languages (which is useless because English is better) PC volunteers will still be puppets of American culture, whether they are speaking the language or not.

Dude I can speak Spanish 24/7 and still love the Yankees, have apple pie for dessert every day, and despise Bush. :)

Uhhh ok so hypothetically if you win the perm debate how do you access the NB of imperialism (or lack of for this case) with my turn in the last post?

I am really offended you didn't read it Kyle, lol. Basiccally even if you could go teach other languages (which is useless because English is better) PC volunteers will still be puppets of American culture, whether they are speaking the language or not.

Dude I can speak Spanish 24/7 and still love the Yankees, have apple pie for dessert every day, and despise Bush. :)

It'll be quite the challenge to access the NB, as really the only cards you can read are power-tagged, or are in no way responsive to the criticism. Imp good would be a shitty idea.

I did read it man! I just responded to your question about what languages the PC teaches. I agree with your point on American culture, I just think a perm would be better in this case than PICs bad theory. Fuck that. It's a sweet PIC because its hard to answer.

I only speak English, I'm lazy and I'm fat. You can't get more American then that.

i dunno if these are included i the above, but:

the Gift security (with some kind of link, Heg, disease, development...)

The gift? With plain peacecorps? Whats the link?

It'll be quite the challenge to access the NB, as really the only cards you can read are power-tagged, or are in no way responsive to the criticism. Imp good would be a shitty idea.

I did read it man! I just responded to your question about what languages the PC teaches. I agree with your point on American culture, I just think a perm would be better in this case than PICs bad theory. Fuck that. It's a sweet PIC because its hard to answer.

I only speak English, I'm lazy and I'm fat. You can't get more American then that.

The perm solves because none of our advantages stem off of teaching english, they stem off of an increase- so it's not severence or intrinsic in any way to do the CP. And, PICs are definitely ok. It's really easy to win the NB of "Imperialism" considering if I win the perm DO THE CP I win any of the net benefits...

so like even if you go for the disad in the 2nr...

and i win the perm.....

gg.

The gift? With plain peacecorps? Whats the link?

i think there is confusion as to the type of gift K this is.

not the civil rights K by williams, the "gift of death" type argument (usually supported with derrida) that criticizes giving help

i think there is confusion as to the type of gift K this is.

not the civil rights K by williams, the "gift of death" type argument (usually supported with derrida) that criticizes giving help

I was talking about Derrida, Ive only hit it once but isn't he criticizing "helping" minorities and not help in general.

The perm solves because none of our advantages stem off of teaching english, they stem off of an increase- so it's not severence or intrinsic in any way to do the CP. And, PICs are definitely ok. It's really easy to win the NB of "Imperialism" considering if I win the perm DO THE CP I win any of the net benefits...

so like even if you go for the disad in the 2nr...

and i win the perm.....

gg.

make that perm and the 2nr is subsets.

I think it's harder to justify the perm when your plan text defends the entirety of the peace corps as being doubled or to 50,000 or whatever. There are 7 types of programs that the Peace corps will allow you to be in, one of which is education. And they have English teaching as part of that. Education is the biggest sub-program of the Peace Corps so it's a lot harder to win that you wouldn't advance the English speaking at all. Especially when the neg should be arguing that the Peace Corps wants more English Teachers now--proves that an increase in funding would allow more English teaching.

Plus functional competition pwnz the perm.

Maybe you could also find a link to Statism. Maybe.

No point in running Statism without an Anarchy CP with an abusive burden.

You know how I roll Jacob. :D

Sign in to follow this