Sign in to follow this  
nickwilkersonuk7

perm to withdrawl counterplan

um easy, you make yourself untopical, AND to add on to that your plan text is destroyed. When someone runs withdrawl answer it with UN good cards and attack the net benefits and cp solvency

the better perm is withdrawal from everything but what is neccessary for plan (aka the PKO) and make them prove why supporting 1 pko uniquely destroys hege or whatever they claim as a NB

the better perm is withdrawal from everything but what is neccessary for plan (aka the PKO) and make them prove why supporting 1 pko uniquely destroys hege or whatever they claim as a NB

qfa, thats a good idea.

but for plans that attempt to change the UN or something. you can do plan, like use the influence of the US or whatever to do X plan within the the UN then withdrawl. i dont know if this would work with all plans like this, but it would with ours.

Reform cases are rather fucked as far as a perm goes here. Reform is meaningless if you're just going to leave.

Most CPs claim collapse of the UN as an advantage, so yeah.

Reform cases are rather fucked as far as a perm goes here. Reform is meaningless if you're just going to leave.

Most CPs claim collapse of the UN as an advantage, so yeah.

touche. it was just an idea.

I beg to differ

i agree with renterhex - perms are just a test of competition, and plus if the cp is not topical (most cps arent topical) you get no perm ground if it has to be topical.

My personal favorite: Perm- Withdraw from UNDPKO after PKO is complete. Withdraw from all other UN agencies now.

Thats a timeframe perm, which bites to a lot of theory.

Heres my strat--

1. UN good, which is a LOT more credible then their ev. While 99% of their evidence is from ultra-conservative groups like the John Birch society, and the UN good stuff is from proffessors at top universities. Even though the UN may be flawed sometimes, a world without it is horrible. Maybe even throw in some critical Derrida stuff.

2. Perm it: some pull out CP will be "pull out of UN and do plan unilaterally". So Perm: Do plan with UN, and Do plan unilaterally. May be a little repetitive, but it works, and solves case better.

3. If they dont do plan unilaterally, and just pull out, outweigh the shit out of their dumb ass Net benefit of world government or UN bad or whatever.

First of all, it's never a BAD IDEA to run a perm because you might not win it's theoretical legitimacy. Make as many damn tests of competition to the CP as you can, see how the block handles them and decide whether or not to go for them in the 1ar. on a side note, i see this waaaay to much in this forum and i don't understand it. "Don't run conditionality/PICS/perf cons bad, because I have arguments to the contrary.) The worst case scenario for running this argument is that other teams will put a voter on it, but there is never any warrant to why you would not simply reject the perm and not the entire team.

Second, linking to a lot of theory is inevitable, so unless someone's showing how that theory is absolutely unstoppable i'd say go for it.

Third, I'd say timeframe perms aren't too bad if they do the plan first- they're not severing anything or adding anything. If they are, i think you can mitigate the abuse impacts to that severance. I'd get into that debate if someone cares to engage in it, but first i'd have to write up the perm.

Last, it wouldn't be a bad idea at all to run disads to the counterplan, find a way to stick them with it (condit bad, or if they run it dispo perhaps opt not to perm) and then argue CP doesn't solve any case impacts and get ready to compare those to the risk of the DAs/turns to CP.