Sign in to follow this  
gbsdebate

Notre Dame (CA) seeks applicants for coaching position

Notre Dame High School in Sherman Oaks, CA (just west of downtown LA) is seeking a full time debate coach and speech teacher for the 2007-2008 school year. The person will teach two sections of debate, three sections of speech and coach a competitive debate team that travels nationally. A masters degree and credential are preferred and strong experience in the activity is required. This is a great group of students and a very supportive administration. Please contact Sabrina Landinguin ( landinguin at ndhs.org) and/or Jason Peterson (peterson at ndhs.org) if you are interested or have questions about the job.

That's the word. There's also a rumor that some Debateosaur who used to coach there "back in the day" is trying for the position. :)

Seriously, if anyone current affiliated with, or formerly affiliated with, NDHS is on this board, I'd love to say, "Howdy!"

That's the word. There's also a rumor that some Debateosaur who used to coach there "back in the day" is trying for the position. :)

Seriously, if anyone current affiliated with, or formerly affiliated with, NDHS is on this board, I'd love to say, "Howdy!"

Mike: If you are returning then ND is extremely lucky to catch such a wonderful successor to such an amazingly gifted and giving teacher and coach in JP. You will find the debate community in SoCal and nationally to be a changed, but still wonderful, group of people; and the activity to be still the best possible method to train and teach young people. Congrats on the decision to return, for me it was without question four of the best years of my life, and with both you and Tom Rollins heading back into the mix, the activity will become even better, and stronger. Good luck and open a frequent flyer account now!

As much as I hate to divert attention from really important things in debate (like myself), does anyone know who the new coach at NDHS-Sherman Oaks is?

I would like to offer my congratulations and any help that I can give, and I am sure that there are many more folks on this board who are eager to do the same. :)